iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Crazy Growing Up Storys

Started by Autocar, December 30, 2011, 07:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

I was in the fifth or sixth grade and had a trap line, I had set a trap in a hole under the back porch. I get up and go do my chores when I came back for breakfast I checked my trap and here I had a weasel. So I catch him and put him in a lttle pen and back to the house I go to get my breakfast. I set down and tell mom and dad I got a weasel and was going to make a pet out of him. Dads says your not keeping a weasel for a pet ,Yes I am I said. I get done eating and run out of the house to check my new pet. Hes not in my pen so I look around where he might of went,here dad had took him and screwed his head in the work bench vise needless to say that was the end of my pet weasel ! I could go on and on from climbing hickory trees to get baby crows to teach them to talk to going coon hunting with a white spitz, that wasn't sure what a coon looked like in two feet of snow at three degrees with a full moon. Anyone else have something to add about there younger days ?
Bill

mooleycow

the last chicken i killed for mother.  i chopped his head off and threw the chicken down on the ground.  the chicken took off at a dead run.  the dog took off after the chicken.  mother took off after the dog.  i stood left holding the axe laughing.  all i could hear was mother proclaiming if that dog gets my chicken i am going to whoop you! 

Red Pill

In the Boy Scouts, we were hiking in to a campsite along a railroad track. About 5 miles, I think. Anyway, one of the boys said his brother had a friend who would pay us a quarter each for railroad spikes. Did I mention that the track had been recently refurbished and there were old spikes all over the place? So we picked up spikes and nearly killed ourselves hauling them in our packs. Some of the guys' packs tore through.

When I got home, I put my pack in the back of the car, and it clanked. Dad asked, "What's that?"

"Railroad spikes!" I said. "Bill's brother's friend is going to give us a quarter apiece for them!"

Dad just smiled and shook his head. Those spikes were still in the garage when I left Wichita a couple of years later.

Thank You Sponsors!