iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Yessssss!

Started by iffy, December 30, 2011, 09:46:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iffy

Retiring today.  8) 8) 8) 8)

ARKANSAWYER

Now what you going to do to fill up your days?? 
ARKANSAWYER

wesdor

I predict that you will find retirement to be very UNDERrated.

Soon you will be so busy you will wonder how you had time to work before you retired.

Best wishes and enjoy!

Chuck White

Best of luck to you IFFY.

I plan on retiring for the second time next December 31st.

After that, I can saw (hopefully) without interupting the day for anything, especially to go drive school bus.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Busy Beaver Lumber

I am envious. Congrats to you IFFy. I am 49 now and can retire early at 53, so still have a few years to go until making sawdust becomes my full time job
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

bugdust

iffy, congrats! I've been retired for a year and I am shocked how fast the days, weeks and months pass. First 6 days of the week are Saturdays, Sunday gives me rest, then here we go again. Stay healthy and safe! 

Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

isawlogs

Welcome to the club !!!! 8) 8) 8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Autocar

Good for you, best of luck on all of your new endevers.
Bill

sawman

'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

WDH

Retirement = Remodel the House

Good luck on the remodel  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

bandmiller2

Iffy,what did you do for work.??I've been retired now for two years and I miss the job, my shop, and the guys.I was a fire dept. mechanic for 31 yrs. Kinda miss the action but not the responsibility and night phone calls. Keep moving and don't fall for the TV trap. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

OneWithWood

Congrats, Iffy.  I have been retired for a bit more than a year and everyday has been a joy.  I am working harder than ever but now I do what I want, when I want to do it.  8) 8) 8)

Don't let the honey-do list take over.  Eventually some of that stuff will get done... :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

POSTON WIDEHEAD

IFFY....my crystal ball sees you being a "greeter" at the Junction City Walmart.  :)

It's in the cards, I see it in the tea leaves....do you hear the calling?  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WildDog

Congratulations ify, 8)
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

Tom_Averwater

He who dies with the most toys wins .

Patty

Well that is really awesome!  8)    It is hard work being retired, but I think you are up to the task.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

thecfarm

Working all those years,you deserve it. Have fun.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

iffy

Thanks all. I was planning on retiring sometime between January and June, then the bank went thru a downsize and offered the golden handshake to 51 of us, so who am I to turn down extra money for something I was going to do anyway. I was the Network Manager and we had 38 branch banks. We had just come off a year long project to virtualize most of our servers and update to Server 2008 R2 and Xenapp 6. I could see several more major projects in the near future, and I just decided I was tired of doing new projects.
I have a gunsmith shop in mothballs, a Linn sawmill half built, a log home I'm just putting the finishing touches on, and more hobbies than anyone should have. Staying busy will not be an issue. Learning to say "no" will be. Of course there is my list and the honeydo list and they do not coincide.  ;D I don't think I retired, just changed bosses. I think I may have liked the old boss better.  :D
Trying to figure out all the medicare ins and outs right now.  >:(

clww

Congratulations to you! ;D
I will retire this year, too. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Magicman

Congratulation on your new status iffy.  It is the absolute best job that you will ever have.

I have decided to not do what I had decided to do this week.  I'll do it next week, maybe not.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

terrifictimbersllc

Congratulations on making it to retirement!  All the best to you & your family.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

WDH

Tile will look nice in those bathrooms  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

iffy

Quote from: WDH on January 03, 2012, 08:37:43 PM
Tile will look nice in those bathrooms  :D.
Actually I built a tile barrier free shower so my wheelchair doesn't make a bump when I roll into the shower. ;D Don't have a wheelchair yet, just plan on being in the house quite awhile. Used the Schleuter Kerdi product for a liner under the tile & I just love that stuff.

Magicman

Nice, and I like your long range planning.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ironwood

I am only 44, and planning the place for our "walkers" :D

Your gonna watch the wind blow, or fishing on Turtle Creek, or Milford Res.? I was there at Riley for a year, duck hunting was great!! I like that part of Kansas, hilly, some woods. With the base "closed" should be kinda quiet.

Enjoy. Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

pineywoods

Iffy, that shower looks good, think You have overlooked a couple of things, but you will figure it out when the need arises.
Grab/pull-up bars and a shower head on a hose. 
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Magicman

I am planting Red Oak trees on my Tree Farm that I will harvest in 60 years.   smiley_thumbsup

WDH

MM,

Just think, 60 years from now, when you are sawing those logs, you will be sawing with a laser!

Magicman

Well, you come and help me and we will Crisp some Chickin. ;D 

iffy

Quote from: pineywoods on January 05, 2012, 08:01:23 PM
Iffy, that shower looks good, think You have overlooked a couple of things, but you will figure it out when the need arises.
Grab/pull-up bars and a shower head on a hose.
Actually they were not overlooked. I put backing in place to attach the bars to and we discussed the hose/showerhead thing. My wife did not want the bars in there yet and we decided we would switch to the hose when we put the bars in.

iffy

Quote from: Ironwood on January 05, 2012, 07:31:24 PM
Your gonna watch the wind blow, or fishing on Turtle Creek, or Milford Res.? I was there at Riley for a year, duck hunting was great!! I like that part of Kansas, hilly, some woods. With the base "closed" should be kinda quiet.

Enjoy. Ironwood
ouuo
My daughter and son-in-law are splitting and I bought his pontoon boat. Been wanting a pontoon but didn't want to get it that way. Will do some fishing on Milford. I have so many projects going will have to learn to say "no" so I can go fishing. We have outstanding turkey, deer, and upland game hunting as well. Ft Riley is not closed. They just went through a major expansion a few years back. Hard telling what will happen in the next few yrs tho.

Thank You Sponsors!