iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

need quick help about sharpening

Started by wlf89, December 29, 2011, 10:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wlf89

when sharpening i make about 3 rounds per blade on which round should i start to hit the backside of the tooth?

beenthere

Seems from previous reading on band sharpening, that the profile of the tooth is determined by the cam follower and the shape of the stone. Likewise, if all is set up right, then the backside of the tooth would be 'hit' on the first or at least the second pass.

If changing the shape of the tooth, then more passes may be required.

Are you still cutting lightpoles?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Chuck White

The entire surface of the blade will make contact with the stone, if the stone is profiled correctly.

If you are changing the profile of the blade, you will need to make more than one pass!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

customsawyer

If the rock is dressed properly and you have the right cam on it should make contact through the whole profile. I am assuming you have a profile grinder. 
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!