iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Three Daughters and Three Presents

Started by WDH, December 25, 2011, 02:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

I made each of my daughters a two drawer file cabinet for Christmas for their bills and other documents that they want to keep and file.  I have one cherry daughter and two walnut daughters  ;D.  So, one filing cabinet out of cherry and two out of walnut!

The drawers are constructed using sliding dovetails.  They are sized to fit a 12" x 12" opening.  Here is the cherry cabinet with a pic of one of the drawers

I am not a photographer.  This is one of the walnut file cabinets.  The first pic is without the flash, the second pic is with the flash.  I do not have the photographic skills to show the pieces and the richness of the finish to the eye.

Here is the third file cabinet. 

The finish is much deeper and richer than what shows up with the flash on the camera. 

Anyway, slaving away building furniture for my girls!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

TreeWinder

Very nice, nothing like handcrafted gifts from a father.  :)
Ed
041 056S 056M
MS660 070 084
CS670
Baker 18M
Komatsu D-21-P ,
Speeco 35T

Magicman

Those are very nice and lasting gifts.  One can do no more than to give of himself.

And you were wondering what you would do with your time after you retired.  No, I know that you did not wonder, everyone else did.   :)

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

WDH....Your work is really wonderful....I mean GREAT!

If I changed my first name from Paul to Paula and called you Daddy, how long would it be before you could build me one of the Walnut cabinets? :)

I build benches and Rabbit boxes.  ;D Again, your work is stunning!

Happy New Year!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Norm

You know Danny I've always thought of you as a father figure.... ;D

Very nice!

Patty

Hey pops!  :)  You need another cherry daughter to make it even?  :D
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Mooseherder

Your daughters will cherish those pieces forever.  Very nice Danny. ;)

thecfarm

I sure would not worry about your photo skills,you wood worker skills make up for it and more.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Paula and Patty,

Looks like that I have two new daughters   ;D.  However, my wife is going to be suspicious no matter how I try to explain this  :D :D.  I will have to think about how to pull this off and stay alive  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Like the Bible says....you reap what you sow. :D :D :D

SOW, send mine and Patty's UPS.  8)

Love, Paula  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Bill Gaiche

Treasures for a lifetime. Very nice. bg

JV

Those are beautiful Danny.  I'm sure there are three girls pretty proud of their dad.   ;)
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

SPIKER

Hope you put a note under the bottom with names and dates so in 5 or so generations when they are still around and paper is all but gone people can look at them and know what a great great great great great grand dad they had. ;) ;D
Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

DanG

I don't know about the photography, but the woodworking skills are honed to a razor edge!  Beautiful work, Danny!
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

fishpharmer

Exceptional daughters deserve the exceptional craftsmanship of their exceptional daddy. 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

SwampDonkey

Those are striking looking daughters. ;D

Nice work.  8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

It is nice to share stuff here with this "family".  I focus on functional furniture with the simplest of design so that the pieces can be used for a designated purpose.  I have found that you need to draw out the project on paper to scale and write down all the critical elements and measurements because down the road, you may have to make another one as in "Daddy, you know that walnut bedside table you made for my college apartment?  Well,  I am married now and I need another one just like that one for the other side of the bed."

Anyway, it is nice to hear nice things about your efforts.  Somebody could cobble together a little pine box from construction lumber and nails, and the people here would find the good in it and make positive comments.  Thank you.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

That is because our glass is half full, not half empty.  There is a difference.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Burlkraft

Very nice Danny  8) 8) 8)

Instead of building me one, I'll just send you my bills  ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

WDH

OK.  I have some extra space in the one that I built for my wife  :).

metalspinner

Great job, Danny!

Around this house, those cabinets would be filled with scrap booking paper.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Holmes

Very nice job Danny. The cabinets are beautiful!!!    Holmes
Think like a farmer.

T Welsh

Thank You Sponsors!