iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New member, and Thanks Jim Rogers

Started by alongjordan, December 23, 2011, 10:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alongjordan

Hello all and as the topic title says, "Thank you, Jim Rogers!"

Over the past several years, I have been nurturing a love of building timber frames. I have completed (as bid) two structures to date in what I call psuedo-timber frame (or hybrid stick and timber). Currently, I am working on another hybrid building to replace the Renaissance festival shop structure belonging to the company I work for full-time that burned down on August 22nd of this year (it's been one heck of a fire season here in Texas). Since I am getting to do the joint work and bent layout at our company warehouse, I had a need for some sawhorses that can take what I am dishing out. I found Jim's plans here for Timber Frame Sawhorses and made a pair. So again, thank you, Jim!

Because I work out side on a concrete slab and need to move those 120+ pound horses back into our building when I am done for the day (and sometimes find myself doing this alone), I added some handles and casters to them to make moving them more expedient and easier. Mine are made of rough cut SYP 8x8 and 4x8.

'I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.' Henry David Thoreau

dukndog

They look good....welcome to the FF and you found one of the greatest guys here on the FF in Jim!!!
WM LT-15G25 w/PwrFeed, Mahindra 3510, Husky 385xp, Stihl MS261 and a wife who supports my hobby!!

Jim_Rogers

Nice modification of the horses.
And thank you for your comments.

Welcome and happy holidays.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum alongjordan.  Good thinking on those heavy horses.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!