iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

last winter in NE

Started by woodmills1, December 01, 2001, 08:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

just impossible last year. :D          

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

woodmills1

one more different storm :D

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Tom

what's that white stuff, cotton?

Jeff

Dang James did ya have to go and post that? BRRRRR Michigan's time is a comin.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

woodmills1

just one more again a different storm :D

CHARLIE

James, I suggest you get away from all that harsh winter weather and move to tropical Minnesota. :D :D  Some good things about winter though.....no bugs on the windshield, can use the garage for a huge freezer, don't have to run the air conditioning, ice cold water right out of the tap, don't have to mow the grass, etc, etc 8)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Ron Scott

That snow blowing and plowing with longer walks in the woods due to closed access roads make up some for that grass cutting and leaf raking.
~Ron

Ron Wenrich

Be glad you don't live in Buffalo, NY.  I think an average winter is 144 inches of snow.  Snowiest city in the US.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Corley5

Our time here in Michigan is way past due.  Beautiful day today.  50 degrees and sunny!!  Strange weather for Northern Mi on Dec 2.  We're gonna pay I'm sure but every nice day like this is one less nasty one we could have and that much closer to spring.  Is it too soon to mention spring?
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Bibbyman

I can remember having to track out to the "outhouse" out back on days like that.   :-[

Really took a lot of motivation!  :o
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Don P

Always took alot of restraint to outwait Michelle for the honor of being first to warm the seat in the outhouse. :D
 We decided the one good thing about our time with one was that it made you get up and out in every kind of weather, and after a few minutes outside you realize its an ok day out there after all.
Mom never could get used to the lack of door, even though the view is of the nat'l forest a few miles off. We've sat there and watched turkey, deer...
The weather has been awesome here too, poured concrete without a care last week. Mighty late for that, but I'm sure not complaining!

Kevin

On nights that preceed days like the one below you do your business in a pail and take it out in the morning.

Up here when you sit your bare butt on anything outside in weather like this you`ll wear it to bed because it won`t come off without surgery!  :D

Gordon

Talking about the outhouse brings back good ole winter memories. One camp we had a very nice outhouse, that is until you had to use it in the winter. So dad got the bright idea to put a heat lamp in it to warm the seat. It was one of those good ideas on paper. the seat was still very very COLD ON THE BACKSIDE.

As you well know an outhouse in winter doesnt need any magazines in it. :D

Cool pictures guys.
Gordon

Kevin

Just another day at the beach!

John_Boisselier

Don't Ya Hate a Whiner?  
Why when ah waz a boy we used ta log like it twernt nothin in twenty below zero in our tee shirts with four foot ob dat der fluffy white stuff that ya had ta clear from tween the trees in order ta git up aginst em ta cut em.  Let them dar trees down easy tho.
Make me sound old or what.  
Seriously though, its not bad being in the woods if the wind isn't blowing in the winter.  You know youve had too much snow if the skidder won't make it through without plowing first, or if you have to dig to get to a reasonable stump height.
The Woodsman

DanG

...or, if you have to dig to find the skidder.;-)

It snowed here...............once...................1958, I believe.  heh heh heh
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Ron Scott

In a normal winter In Houghton, Michigan, they have to shovel out the power lines and gas pumps. Also build high boardwalk to access the homes as they can't keep up with the snow removal from their entrance walks.

I also agree with Buffalo for excessive snow fall after spending some time there also.

~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!