iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Photo Contest

Started by Paper Maker, December 23, 2011, 01:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paper Maker

One hobby that my wife and I both enjoy together is taking pictures of wildlife, the kids, or just whatever. Well my little girl was in a play at church last Wednesday and as I was getting the camera equipment out I got to wondering if The Forestry Forum has ever had a photo contest. I thought that we might could get a panel of 4 or 5 of the members to be judges and maybe a couple of different photo categories. The 1st place prize would simply be bragging rights for a year. Has the The Forestry Forum ever done this before. Do ya'll think there would be enough interest to do something like this. For what ever the reason it may be to big of a pain to try and organize. I don't know. What do ya'll think.   smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsdown   Marcus

Dan_Shade

Some of the members have posted some very nice photos over the years.  I like the idea of a photo contest.

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

shelbycharger400

question is to what the photos will be?  cant be biggest tree drop'd...nothin here like out west.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Patty

No argument there Magic, she is a real cutey!
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

beenthere

I see no need. We already get good pics posted by members.

Unless there seems to be a shortage of good pics, then maybe.

Anyone looking for something more to do?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Rooster

So, I'm guessing that beenthere is offering to be one of the guest judges for the contest? :D
"We talk about creating millions of "shovel ready" jobs, for a society that doesn't really encourage anybody to pick up a shovel." 
Mike Rowe

"Old barns are a reminder of when I was young,
       and new barns are a reminder that I am not so young."
                          Rooster

Thank You Sponsors!