iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ATV downhill with hardwood and the LNC [log nose cone] right to the stove.

Started by Caveman420, December 22, 2011, 12:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caveman420

i like being warm. i like wood heat. i love seasoned madrone and oak. i see fallen and leaners standing dead of said same up into the forest behind us. i read scary warnings of 'being chased by log downhill'. ALAS, in my exiguous experience the quad feels more safe and stable while i drag, what in effect, is an anchor. i am not a wood snob and can do a little every couple days and be comfy. Snatch, with gravities assist, down to the trail then with my half of a 55 gallon drum cut and welding, barely, we fall home.
Here is it in a nutshell on Youtube with yours truly holding camera in left and steering downhill through the jungle with the right. Enjoy.   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzUf6Feq0xw&feature=youtu.be

paul
aka  caveman420

Jeff

I'm sticking with my logrite arch. Dragging a log with a bullet nose like that certainly will help you move the log, but it looks like it will really be detrimental to your trails.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

trapper

What does that log do to your saw chain or blade when you cut it up?
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Tom L

my hands are gripped to my desk and my right foot is trying to push on an imaginary
brake.

that's some ride

Magicman

You have been around a while Caveman420, but welcome to posting.  How about telling us a bit about yourself.   :)

That's one way to do it, but as Jeff pointed out, with my soil, I could have a washing problem.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

OneWithWood

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Mooseherder

I always enjoy people showing us their little piece of earth.
Looks like you have a lot of trails on your land Paul.
Are you the trail builder?  Trail building on our property is on my work bucket list along with the tools needed for the task.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Mooseherder

If those tools come in on a lowboy to our place, more than likely they'll come from the rental place. :D

Norm

You're young still, I didn't get a bulldozer until I was 54.  :D

Good to see you out having some fun Paul, thanks for the ride.

Patty

YeeeHaw!   What a ride!

You live in a beautiful part of the country, I sure enjoyed the scenery on the way down the hill.  :)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Thank You Sponsors!