iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Beautiful Job on the upgrades, Boss

Started by Coon, December 21, 2011, 12:05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coon

Just had a look at the new entrance to the forum when I logged on.  Beautiful job Boss.  ;)  Thanks for keeping this the  #1 place on the internet.  8)   8)
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

fuzzybear

smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

Jeff

Thanks for noticing. :)    I actually worked until 5 this morning (last night now) and then back at it at 7 this morning for 3 hours, and almost had it to a place I could go live with it. Then I did the unspeakable.  Backed up the wrong file, and somehow deleted all my work. ARGGHHH.

So, Back to square one, but I had done most of it a dozen times or more to get it right, so had a pretty good idea how to put it back. Just now finishing up. AGAIN. :D

Please take some time to explore the new areas on the front page, like the for sale ads, Carolina Machinery ads, and the Forestry Forum Shameless commerce links, New features for the shameless links!   All the links are on the page, just as always, but hidden until toggled.  Makes for a neater page, but they are still all there for google to index.   

Hope ya'll like the tops slide show as well. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Woodchuck53

I like it. Heck I can even work it a little better. I bet some of you guys can actually fly.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

SwampDonkey

You did a fine job, but it kills dial-up. ;) The progress bar was still only half way along after 3 minutes loading the banner slideshow.   :-\

No worries, I have another way in.  ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sawwood

Great Job Jeff. I like the new look and easy to move around in.
Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

Jeff

Actually Donk, I had broke the slide show last night and did not know it until this morning, so no one has seen it the way it was meant to be, unless you look now, how ever there is now another little thing that does not work on a different part of the page from fixing the first, but it's just a bell and whistle thing that I'll add back when I fix the script incompatibility issue with it.

thecfarm

Nice slide show.  I like it better than what was there.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chet

Lookin' good  :)

But, can't say as I'd trust dat ugly ol' elf conspirin' with Santa  :-\
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

I do believe I defeated the compatibility issue. Can anyone confirm that when they try the front page, that all three of the following things work for them?

1. The slide show is sliding...
2. The different toggle to view switches work to show or hide contente
3. That the shameless commerce links open in a ligthbox style window?

Mooney

Checked in Firefox and Chrome. All working great. When the page first loads, there are two WM ads on the left. Not complaining, but that doesn't look intentional  :D

nas

1 and 2 are good.  The Shameless links is in bold but not in a window.  I am assuming you mean a window the same as the toggle switches for #2.

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Piston

I see about 20 different pics in the slide show, and yup, they're changing :)

The drop down for the 4 tabs are working and I was able to expand them and retract them all.

I don't know what 'lightbox style' means, but when I click 'visit shameless commerce links' it also expands that section to show about 27 links.  I can also hide them.

I think the forum looks great with the upgrade's as well.  I especially like the mobile view, since sometimes I have really slow internet, and also check it on my phone often. 
I should say, I REALLY like the mobile view.   ;D
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Piston

-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Jeff

The real addition is when you click on one of those links. :)

sandhills

AvT

just this little typo:

Timber related business to run? Lumber to dry? Trees or plants to idetify? A cabin to build? Are you hungry and like FOOD?

Page looks great!  However I seldom saw the old entry page and I am not sure I will see this one very often either.  It needs somthing more to get me to go there like some piece of info I can't find anywhere else..... maybe it is already there,, I just have to find it.. looks good
Wannabe sawyer, Cord King M1820 firewood processor Palax KS35 Ergo firewood Processor, 5403 John Deere, Bunch of other farm equipment,   LT70 Remote Woodmizer.  All good things but the best things in life are free.. If you don't believe me.. hold your breath for 2 minutes

Jeff

Buck

Like many, I normally bypass the entry page. ::)  Jeff, this is great! I'm glad I saw this thread and went surfing. I too sincerely enjoy this site and the folks that gather here.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Piston

Quote from: Jeff on December 21, 2011, 10:02:09 AM
The real addition is when you click on one of those links. :)

Now I know what lightbox means!  pretty slick.  ;)
-Matt

Texas Ranger

DanG it!  Us old fellers caint keep up with all this new fangled stuff.  We need uniformity, continuity, and all those "ities" that sorta keep us stable.

But, still, nice job, boss. 
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

thecfarm

I clicked on to 6-7 shameless links. They are some quick to load.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Jeff on December 21, 2011, 09:37:03 AM
I do believe I defeated the compatibility issue. Can anyone confirm that when they try the front page, that all three of the following things work for them?

1. The slide show is sliding...
2. The different toggle to view switches work to show or hide contente
3. That the shameless commerce links open in a ligthbox style window?

All works here boss, it  loads the images (threading) but doesn't stall or halt the slide show.

Looks awesome.  ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Patty

Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Corley5

8) 8) 8) 8)  Nice Job  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!