iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Highly valuable log

Started by Peter Drouin, December 20, 2011, 07:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

I had a customer stop today with a hard maple log, he wants 2" wood.  the7'footer , the small one he wants 2" cookies :D :D If you look good thers a seem that gos from end to end thats so it will cut easy :D :D

and it has it;s own coat hook too :D :D

what am I thinking :D :D :D :o :o
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

And once you get into that log, you may find a coat hanger to go along with that hook! :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

red oaks lumber

nice lookin iron wood you got there ;D  what part of no don't you understand? 8)
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

jueston

if it wasn't so far away i'd be racing you there with a fist full of cash....

you can't buy logs that hold your coat while your sawing them everyday...

5quarter

Peter...at some point we have to be able to say NO. When you find out where that point is, pleeeeease let me Know.
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

WDH

I had a guy call me yesterday about 4 or 5 "highly valuable" black walnut trees in his yard that he wanted to sell.  I immediately recalled the recent threads and comments on this subject, and told him that I was not capable of cutting them down and removing them from his yard.  I was tempted to go look at them, though :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Axe Handle Hound

Let us know how many maple syrup taps you find in there.... ;)

WDH

Having its own custom coat hook has to increase the value  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ianab

Quote from: WDH on December 21, 2011, 07:26:03 PM
Having its own custom coat hook has to increase the value  :D.

Even better, there is probably five of them underneath it. They would probably have put a new one on each time the old one got overgrown and swallowed up by the tree...

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

cypresskayaksllc

some logs might be better for the metal scrap yard.  ;D

Id still cut it up
LT40HDDR, JD950FEL, Weimaraner

Banjo picker

Even better, there is probably five of them underneath it. They would probably have put a new one on each time the old one got overgrown and swallowed up by the tree...

Ian
[/quote] 

So coat hangers are like nails...there are never just one. Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

zopi

Take a deep slab with the hanger in the middle, dig a post hole next to the mill, plant the slab, hang your coat on it while you saw.
That is all that six sigma training right there..
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Peter Drouin

may the games begin :D

this thing is a little big. I was going to cut it in half but the customer wants wide boards ,so I just whittled on it with a chainsaw :D this is the steel that I removed be for I started.

going good then

you guess it I hit 2 nails :o im glad im using old blades I started with 3 that had some teeth missing already :D :D

on #2 blade now :D :D

But here we go all set now no more steel.

now this thing he wants 2" cookies but it;s to big :D so Ill cut the outher way :D 2" and 5 quarter

what A pain but I think I have it

this is all most like work, but im haveing fun now all most done :D

well there you go. would I do it again you bet .2 and one half hrs :D :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

I guess im not as good with the pic yet :D  heres all the steel

more pics

this is how I started with the thing :D

:D :D :D ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Well you did it Peter!

Like us Red Necks say in the south, "HEY YA'LL.....WATCH THIS!".

Great job and the lumber looks absolutely stunning!  smiley_clapping

P.S. Nice Pics

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

The lumber is nice, and it is a good thing that he did not have to pay you by weight or all that metal would have run up the price  :).

Thank You Sponsors!