iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

a polaris and a donkey

Started by snowstorm, December 19, 2011, 07:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowstorm

stoped in at the local polaris dealer today. he says remember that 155rmk i had leftover from yast year. i finally sold it to the universty of maine. its going to chile to be used in a climte study. they need to get it up the mountian to the 19,000' mark. so they order a tech manual for it. they are going to take it apart and pack it up the mountian on donkeys. then put it back together when or if they get to base camp. for those of you from the south a 155rmk is a mountian sled.....snowmobile

red oaks lumber

i think the sled will have an easier time climbing the mountain than those poor mules ;D last weekend i demoed a 2012 151 800 rmk. sick power  8)
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

snowstorm

from what he heard there wasnt any snow until almost 19000' isnt in spring down there? i would like to see them try to put it together on the side of a mountian. you have snow? still brown here weather guy is saying maybe a storm sunday   great i get to work chirstmass

chevytaHOE5674

Depending how far they tear it down it would really be pretty easy to reassemble. My guess is they pull the motor, track, front and rear suspension and then leave the rest on the tunnel. All of those pieces by them selves would be very easy for a donkey to carry on a pack.

All 3 of my sleds were bought in pieces and then built up how I wanted them very easily. Not much to a snowmobile really.

Thank You Sponsors!