iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

this blade just keeps cutting wood metal mud abuse

Started by buildthisfixthat, December 19, 2011, 12:38:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buildthisfixthat

several months ago i was at a surplus center ..found this new lenox prouduction blade it was 1-1/4 wide the size i needed price 45.00 ..so i offered 25.00 and got myself my first bandsaw blade fast foward to now i know what all the numbers mean pitch,rake,tpi ect  anywho i have cut hundreds of boardfeet with it and had it sharpened and set once about 2 months ago even at that point it just needed to be set because of my castiron wheel i have yet to install the tire on it  well the other day cutting a 23" ash i hit what appears to be some no#9 wire barb wire and a few spikes ,it seemed to be confined to the center of the log so i had my doughts it would make another cut so i lowerer the saw and went slow no problem finished quarter  saw the log  after looking closer there were a few nails i did not even see now i put a muddy bark 10 foot x 20" cherry log on i brushed what mud i could off but and the pouring rain helped a bit ....no problem no waves just nice cuts ...the abuse this blade has taken ...1#dirt ,nails,wire ,hardwood .#2 rolled off the wheels twice backing up the saw #3 jamed up in a cut saw did not clear the log   i leave the tenision on it its just that  tuff   and it dosent even rust 

shop built bandsaw mill

redbeard

Same results here. Although your price is alot better than mine. I used those on suspect logs and tele poles anything bigger than 16 nails is hard on them but they do handle metal pretty good. When they do dull they can really dive up and down in hurry. I've ruined a couple of exspensive old growth reclaimed beams. Avoid the mud and metal and I agree they are impressive. And the finish cut is really smooth.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Thank You Sponsors!