iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Question on rates for land clearing chipping tree work???

Started by jocco, December 17, 2011, 09:13:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jocco

My question is what are your rates for this type of work? Example clearing a house lot and chipping brush Per hour and per job or area?? What about tree clean up from storms etc? May be some you just need you and a saw others a skidder or tractor and winch.  I know there are variables.
You may check out but you will never leave

bill m

Storm cleanup just me and a saw is $100 per hour. As for land clearing there are to many variables to have a set price per acre or hour. How many stems per acre, how clean does the site need to be when you are done, if any saw timber who gets the money for logs, what happens to any firewood, how level or dry is the site, is there a time deadline to get it done, etc.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Piston

Are you referring to chipping with a tow behind style chipper?  Or something like a mulcher attached to a skidsteer? 

Mulching is the quickest way to go (usually) but is very pricey per hour, often $200 per hour or more.  but as you mentioned, there are just so many variables. 
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

jocco

You may check out but you will never leave

Stephen Alford

As Bill said there all different.  Take lots of pics makes getting paid easier.   :)

logon

redneck

330 cat excavator with FAE mulcher is arround $220/ hour and can clear 5 acres/day.  if pricing small jobs like a 1.5 acre house lot we would charge about 2000 - 2500 dollars depending on distance to site and how large the trees are.  With a tractor and tow behind mulcher i would think that you would have to charge $150/hour plus maybe a float charge.
208 timberjack 353 detroit, case 580 super K backhoe, homemade bandmill, 357xp, 372xpg

Thank You Sponsors!