Started by spencerhenry, December 15, 2011, 06:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Ironwood

POSTON,
Your looking right coast, you need to look the other way (and slightly UP, he lives at altitude).  My cousin is actually a neighbor of his, at least by their standards out in Colo. 

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

j rock

stumpy, I like it when people post there problems thay have with there mills. this may help someone make up there mine on whitch mill thay mite want to buy. We all learn from are mistakes,& break downs. Althought  some people may not have liked all of your post---so what. some people think you should'nt say, MARRY CHRISTMAS.(we all know where thay can go)  Let us know how things work out  J.
whats fun? making saw dust!!

Mooseherder

So what?  :D
I don't think stumpy had a problem and I really don't see your comparision to saying Merry Christmas.
Being a hater doesn't solve anything it just puts off a solution. 
Imagine someone posted that about a job you've done without giving you an opportunity for resolution.
You wouldn't like it either.  No one is perfect eh?

Furu

I have thoroughly enjoyed the thread and hope it is left alone. 
I am in the process of evaluating which mill I want to get (WM is definitely on the short list) and the analysis that has been done by the different folks and the comments about maintenance on the electrical components has been invaluable.  The notes by the WM reps and techs have been great as well.  As several have stated WM is not where it is in the industry because of poor workmanship or quality.  Thank you to all for their inputs.

Jeff

As an admin note, We are not in the habit of removing topics. It rarely happens, other then perhaps right at the first posting, if the content is deemed to cross forum rules for either the content of the topic or the conduct of the poster. Topics may be moved, but they are never deleted. Even if moved from your view, they still exist. Now we may remove a post because of conduct or content, but very rarely the whole topic.

We have a recycle bin, so if a post is made and deleted, we catch it. If a post is altered after a posting grace period to allow edits for mistakes, we maintain the original content on record.  I'm not sure who brought up the idea of this being removed, but if it ever was, it would be at the soul discretion of myself or one of the other admins and in this case, it ain't goona happen.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

just_sawing

It's ironic that when the post I emphasised with it. I am still having trouble in that area on my 70.
However being a Field engineer I get to see different installations and quality and there isn't a company that offers the quality in follow up that Woodmizer has for me.
You can follow me at
www.http://haneyfamilysawmill.com

WDH

Thank you for your perspective.  I do not see it as censorship, rather, more about decorum and standards of behavior. 

Anyway, not to argue the point.  Welcome to the Forum. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

eastberkshirecustoms

Welcome, you have to remember that Jeff is not only a admin, but is also the owner. Although I may agree with some of what you said, this is still his house and he has the right to run it, right or wrong, the way he wants. It may be a public forum, but it is not free to operate, so I'm not sure that 100% free speech applies here, and gives 'big brother' the right for a smack-down every now and then. ;)

cypresskayaksllc

LT40HDDR, JD950FEL, Weimaraner

eastberkshirecustoms

What happened to the new poster,  tiger1vic ???

Jeff

There is a very good chance some of you were just deceived by a alias register, but not sure quite yet.  Either way, that person did not earn the right to come on this forum with that post and that attitude so they have been removed

eastberkshirecustoms

Jeff, just wanted you to know that the 'big brother' remark was his wording, not mine.  ;)

Jeff

I understand.  :)

No one, no where has the right to register to be a fellow member, then come and make a first post that is designed to be negative towards anyone, anywhere. Just will not be allowed. You all deserve better than that.

musikwerke

I just want to say that I had an occasion, recently, to speak with a couple of people, three actually, at another major mill manufacturer and I'm now convinced, more than ever, that the customer service and parts people at Wood-Mizer are, by far, THE BEST.
John

Migal

POSTONLT40HD I'm ready for that drink now!  8)
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Migal on February 18, 2012, 07:52:42 PM
POSTONLT40HD I'm ready for that drink now!  8)

What happened? I'm in the dark!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

countryboy1

You know whatever can go wrong will go wrong.  But, murphy seems to hang around my place way to much (and think he sure has lots of cousins too) :D

I will even pay You to hire my "murphy"!  Warning, he will overstay his visit in your shop or farm or woodlot.

He will eventually move on to some neighbor that really needs him......spring is just around the corner (i think)

Mooseherder

Why would we bring this thread back up?   :-[

Migal

Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

bozzaa69

Being a mechanic for 35 years, I do think it's silly and asking for more trouble to computerize everything these days. Cars that parallel park themselves and whatnot? COME ON? The same goes with a computerized setworks on a portable mill that is in all kinds of weather extremes and slamming over bumps on the road etc. All that electronic LANGUAGE EDITED BY ADMIN. PLEASE READ THE WARNING YOU HAVE BEEN SENT TO YOUR PERSONAL MESSAGES these days is a set up for trouble. We need to keep things simple and they would be more reliable. On something as simple as a small portable sawmill, push or pull a lever and add numbers in your head for your next cut and don't buy computerized setworks? Computerized systems in industry surely can make things more efficient, but all this electronic crap and computerized fuel injection on cars is just another scam to suck money out of working people by the rich politicians that make the laws in their favor.

redbeard

Ok I guess I will sell my truck and buy that horse and wagon that I have bee wanting. :D
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

beenthere

QuoteComputerized systems in industry surely can make things more efficient, but all this electronic crap and computerized fuel injection on cars is just another scam to suck money out of working people by the rich politicians that make the laws in their favor.

Now there's a stretch...  :D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Buck

Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

4speed

???
I was sure hoping this thread would stay buried. If the clowns in Washington do have some great conspiracy concerning EFI, I do believe that might be the LEAST of our worries these days.
Darren

Thank You Sponsors!