iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberking

Started by KDEC19, December 15, 2011, 09:23:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KDEC19

Was looking for input on a timber king 2200 and 2000...need the one comlariable to lt40 size....its old debate I k ow but ready to pull trigger
gonna do it again......

ladylake

I've been running a B20 for 10 years now with very few costly repairs, nice simple mill that's easy to work on. My brothers tk2000 is only better.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

fstedy

I agree  with Steve B-20 is a great machine been running for 7 years without any major problems. All have been easy fixes. The B 2000 will do everything the LT40 will and more (much bigger throat area). Also depends how much power you need. The 27 Kohler handles everything I mill. You might need a little more than that since the B2000 doesn't have the 7 HP Brigs for hydraulics. You've made a great choice welcome to the TK group.  Ed
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

ladylake

The TK2000 come with a 34 or 38hp Kohler, my brothers came with the 34hp which has a ton more power-torque than my 27 hp had.   Plenty of power for wide hardwood.  Massive heavy duty chain turner on the 2000 which all mills should have.     Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

redbeard

Iam also very happy with Timberking, my B-20 has been very low maintenance cost on up keep and is easy to work on and keep plumb. The 2200 is a power horse that's my next mill. Good luck.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

rph816

Count me among the happy B-20 owners.  With the 2000 you're getting next gen stuff.  They fixed the issues with cord reels and setworks, beefed up turners and fixed the SLOW head raise/lower function with direct hydros.  I almost forgot you can get a dragback feature (I wish I could on my mill).

One thing I've always been pleased with is their customer service.  We once had an issue (with our prior mill, a TK1220) and had called and left a message at the end of the day on Friday.  Got a call Saturday morning and the tech walked me through it.  Parts have always seemed reasonably priced and lots of them are off the shelf.  If I was in the market, it would certainly be at the top of my list.

Ryan

KDEC19

I am thinking of the zombie apocalypse...lol....want to know which company makes the most straight forward mill....lol...seems like one takes more tender loving care than the other.....ie...electronics and adjustments...
gonna do it again......

j rock

KDED19, There is a, Big, differnts between the 2000 and the 2200. If your planing on going Moble, I suggest getting the 2000. It'll do everything you want to and more. I know i Love mine.    J.
whats fun? making saw dust!!

ladylake

Quote from: KDEC19 on December 15, 2011, 07:15:22 PM
I am thinking of the zombie apocalypse...lol....want to know which company makes the most straight forward mill....lol...seems like one takes more tender loving care than the other.....ie...electronics and adjustments...

That's why I ended up with a TK, nice simple mill, chain turner, computer setworks(yes I had to put on a industrial cordreel on it), reasonable and excellent service in the few times I've needed it, also parts are reasonable.   Steve

Thank You Sponsors!