iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wife wants me to cut my hair

Started by RobbyRob, December 14, 2011, 10:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobbyRob

So, I have a full head of hair and it is long to my waist, blonded out and small dreads. I had this for over 10 years, she says it smells and its time for me to cut it and go with a modern look..

nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future

Jeff

Yea, so, what would you like from us? To borrow a chainsaw?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Ed

whiskers

Without mentioning anything about you shining us on.  I was wondering when she first noticed and if this the first you're hearing about it. 
many irons in the fire.........

ely

cut it and donate to locks of love.

Jeff

Yup, just what they are looking for. Old smelly dreadlocks. There must be an irradiated Rastafarian out there somewhere.  :)

ely

thats funny stuff, but in all seriousness they will wash it first.

Jeff

You do know what a dredlock is right?\
http://www.locksoflove.org/faq.html#Aa13

I'm wondering if this could be influencing the decision to hack.

Quote"Following a review of our guidelines for the longest dreadlock, we have taken expert advice and made the decision to rest this category. The reason for this is that it is difficult, and in many cases impossible, to measure the authenticity of the locks due to expert methods employed in the attachment of hair extensions/re-attachment of broken off dreadlocks. Effectively the dreadlock can become an extension and therefore impossible to adjudicate accurately. It is for this reason Guinness World Records has decided to rest the category and will no longer be monitoring the category for longest dreadlock."

ely

i stand corrected, who knew beggars could be choosers,

Kansas

Well, I just had to google it. Turns out its difficult, but you can undo the dreadlocks. I guess he could do that and if there was enough left, donate that.

Ianab

One day, went to a party and ended up loosing a full pony-tail and "Dang" style ginger beard by the morning.

#3 trim and a small goatee and mo, trimmed with a #2 was all that was left.

Was hilarious next Monday as no one knew who the heck I was. Walked past the boss in the car park and he said "hi" just to be polite. Then he stops and turns around with that "hey I know who you are" look on his face. Heck we had only worked together for 10 years or so.

Embrace the haircut   :D

Ian

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

thecfarm

What do you do with all that when running a chainsaw?
My hair is just about enough to see. When company come I only have to make sure I have a clean shirt on.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Smells Sounds like you are only 10 years too late getting it cut.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Raider Bill

Don't do it! If you let them take a inch they will want the whole thing. Stand your ground, don't give in. smiley_mad_crazy
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

zopi

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

jim king

There may be a conflict with the Humane Society  as there might be some little animals living in there.

Magicman

A few years ago I watched my nephew get his dreads removed.  There was actually a human under there.   :o

He grew the longer hair back, but no dreads.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Raider Bill

How about a before and after picture? smiley_hair_gal smiley_hair_guy
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Sprucegum

The last time a guy fell asleep at a party we shaved off his eyebrows. I don't know if he was surprised or not  ::)

Magicman

Me thinks that he was a bit more than asleep.   smiley_sleeping

WH_Conley

Seen a guy go to "sleep" at a party once and wake up with a complete make up job. Eye shadow, lipstick the works. We hid any mirrors that were around. It took him awhile to figure what was up.
Bill

SPIKER

It has been about 8 years now since I cut mine off, (no Dreds just LONG hair well kept at that.)   I could tuck mine into my belt in back with my head looking straight out.   cut it off to a flat top :D  I have done this 3 or 4 times now and donated it to Locks of Love 2 times that last one I still have laying around braided up into a fancy braid about 12" or so of it with a 4" tail.   Man that sucker was hard to cut off too as my hair was really thick & wire like.   (short less than about 3~4" long it sticks straight out like a AFRO .)   might have some pics someplace but wont waste forum space to post em...

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Corley5

Once upon a time we shaved ONE eyebrow off a passed out buddy  :D ;D :D ;D  He's still a friend but didn't talk to us for a while  8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Coon

We shaved racing stripes into one guys hair when he passed out... someone even put a picture of it in the sports column of the local paper.  The guy was a high school track and field dude who ran in the running events.  The big competition was the next week and he came in last place instead of his usuall top three in the standings.  Every once in a while one of us will ask him if the stripes lightened the load too much that he lost all traction or what happened.  :D  He just shakes his head and smiles.  Don't think he knows to this day which two of us did it.  :D   :D  No one will tell him.   :D   
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Thank You Sponsors!