iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How much for a 120hr Stihl FS 550?

Started by Jasperfield, December 12, 2011, 08:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasperfield

I'm going 55 miles tomorrow to look at a 120hr FS 550. It's a 2010 model w/no damage history. It has a Stihl "Double Full Harness", string-trimmer head, and documentation.

I've talked with the original owner who said it's been used mostly for saw briars; so I'm expecting it to be in "New, but dirty" condition.

I intend to put a blade on it and cut 3" to 5" (base diameter) Maple, Beech, and Locust.

It's not been advertised in any media: I just happened upon it.

How much money is too much to pay?

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jasperfield

I'd like to get it for about 65% of retail.

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

timbuck2

half price, my rule of thumb.   5" dia locust???  it ain't a harvester!

jocco

Problem with used saws is you have to get it at a bargin to make it worth while, or its better to buy a new one.  120 hours is three weeks work.
You may check out but you will never leave

Jasperfield

I bought the saw. Two brothers owned it and I had talked to the one who hadn't used it. They bought it new in August of this year from my Stihl dealer. It is now on its third tank of fuel from new and has less than four to five hours. It's a brand new saw.

The saw came with a large unused brush knife blade, an Autocut head for the large dia' string, double comfort harness, manual, and bill of sale.

Thanks for your comments, above.

Thank You Sponsors!