iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tree length firewood price

Started by DLMaine01, December 09, 2011, 02:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLMaine01

Anyone know what a reasonable price would be for an 8 cord load of green tree length firewood in central/eastern Maine would be?
Thanks

SwampDonkey

The going rate here is the same as treelength pulp. $100 a cord or in that ball park. Why would anyone sell it for less? ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sprucebunny

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

DLMaine01

Thanks for the replies. Does that price include delivery? I was quoted $125 for the 8 cord load delivered. Seemed a little high, but I do not buy much firewood.

SwampDonkey

Sometimes it is with delivery and sometimes it's not. Depends on how the firewood supplier is set up. If he hires the trucking, that price may be before trucking.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Shotgun

I wouldn't even order it unless I knew the species.  You never know what you'll get otherwise.

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

snowstorm

i dont sell treelength either 8' or 12' but it is clean no mud cause i use a fowarder. was getting 110 . 10cd min. and try to only sell to dealers . some driveways a big truck just wont fit. around bangor last i saw was in the 120 range and that was 2 months ago

snowstorm

Quote from: Shotgun on December 10, 2011, 01:52:49 PM
I wouldn't even order it unless I knew the species.  You never know what you'll get otherwise.

Norm
no sw no popple. there is more white maple here than anything else. if one wanted a ld of only ash expect to pay more

SwampDonkey

Here in NB if someone pulls the junk wood trick, most will send the wood down the road. I had to lean hard on my wood guy for elm, black ash, and red maple a few years back. I told him no way to swamp tree species and we got that out of the way. Only except rock maple, solid beech and yellow birch. ;D

Autocar

We use to sell ours for 18.00 a ton but now we get 30 cents a board foot for it. Iam in Ohio
Bill

bill m

I am selling log length for $95 per cord - delivered.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

RobbyRob

I pay anywhere from 500 to 650 per tri-axle in central upstate New York
Some loads give me 6 full cords and others about 8, just depends on the luck of the draw.

PS..if you do get a load and it is muddy then spray it off before cutting or you will be changing chains every 10 mins.
You should buy a double load and not have to worry for next year too plus you might get a cheaper deal that way.
nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future

Al_Smith

If they are getting 100 for green wood in long lengths what must they get if it's cut and split ?

T Welsh

We are getting $125 delivered green in truck length. we are 30 miles west of Philly in PA. our prices are higher than most other parts because of affluence in the area. Tim

fuzzybear

WOW!! How do you guys make any money?? I sell off the landing for $100 in 8'. If I have to deliver it it cost $250/$300. Of course this is standing dry wood ready to burn.
FB
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

SwampDonkey

Processed firewood with some seasoning is $220-250 a cord delivered where I live. Further south in this province they sometimes get $350/cord. I think it's harder to get good beech and rock maple down south as the woods are more swampy which tend to grow red maple, silver maple, black ash, elm. I call them swamp woods. The firewood guys are not getting rich. But there is always someone willing to sell for less if someone gets the price a little high. Most people buying firewood do not have big jobs around here, even the welfare office buys wood for people. There is no such thing as free firewood up here unless it was ill gotten. ;)

T Welsh

We are getting $200 cord for processed wood. we are trying something new right now and stacking on pallets and shrink wrapping them and selling them to hardware stores in the area. we measure them, estimate the cubic feet and sell accordingly, so far we have sold 10 skids in the last month. I like it because of less handling. Tim

Al_Smith

Wow ,my little buddy the tree trimmer was just out here an hour ago .He tells me he barely gets 120 a cord for ash and hard maple .Hickory and oak this early in the season about 140 a cord .Evidently fire wood is more valuable in other parts .

SwampDonkey

Al, is that processed wood? We get more $$ up here I suspect because we have a strong pulpwood market. If you can get $100/cord more or less for treelength pulp why would anyone process it and handle it as firewood chunks for same?

Al_Smith

Because there is no pulp market here .

SwampDonkey

T Welsh

Its like the realtors saying, location,location,location! We live near and around a very well to do area in PA. These people like to (keep up with the Jones,s) they pay for someone to do everything for them! mowing lawns,pool care,carpentry,gutters.ect. and of course they pay for firewood,some even pay us to stack it for them.I wont do it but if I have a laborer with me I say $50.00 extra and if they go for it,I give the $50 to the guy that stacks it! Tim

Al_Smith

Well you hit the nail on the head .Years back when I sold the stuff my parder would peddle some in Columbus where we about  tripled our money .Columbus is 90 miles away .

peterc38

I pay $800 delivered for an 8 cord load.
Kubota L4060 Cab
562XP
371XP
346XP
Fiskars "Super Splitter"
Logrite 60" Peavey
Huskee 22 ton splitter
2 Great Danes

DLMaine01

peterc38,
Where are you located at it Maine?
Dave