iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Winning the Lottery Jackpot

Started by RobbyRob, December 09, 2011, 01:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crtreedude

Quote from: SwampDonkey on December 10, 2011, 05:59:08 AM
I'm very glad for you Fred. But as the saying goes nothing is set in stone. And I wouldn't wish any future hardships on anyone. It's just when you think your untouchable when your luck can change.

I tend toward the paranoid in life, etc but I also I happy that currently we are doing well. We don't have a lot of cash, but we are living a good life.

Not having debt, having lots of assets, and very very low costs helps a lot. We just added up that we spent on ourselves only 7,000 USD last year. Pretty easy to cover that.

Yeah, luck can change, the key is making sure you aren't trusting your luck. And if you are lucky, don't blow it on a splurge.
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Cedarman

I would do like some others, buy lots of land.  I would have enough to manage it properly.  The worst thing to do is raise the standard of living a whole bunch.  A house's location is more important than the size.  A beautiful view from a valley edge with a small lake and some mountains would be nice.
Hmmm.  I do have a bunch of land and a house with a big view of lots of hills.  Close.
Aaron and I are getting ready to make the biggest investment of our lives.  It is one big gamble.  But the odds went up when our biggest customer said they needed us to do it and were tickled.  They were wanting to expand their markets too.  This is our lottery.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Norm

Quote from: thecfarm on December 10, 2011, 06:01:13 AM
Just so you all know,I don't think there is a day that goes by that I don't thank God for letting me live my dream here with my wife.

Me too Ray.  :)

CLL

Buy all the logging and sawmilling equipment I ever wanted, then watch my winning fortune go by the wayside. 
Too much work-not enough pay.

shelbycharger400

id still do my job where i work...atleast for a few days and be a pta..lol

Holmes

I almost won the lottery last week ,but I forgot to buy a ticket.. :o :D ;D
Think like a farmer.

Autocar

If I won I would donate to the food pantrys. Then order a new tri axle peterbuilt with a knockle boom on the rear and a pup trailer behind that. Also a new skidder something I wouldn't have to work on once a month  ;D. What a pipe dream I don't even buy tickets but it is fun to dream about it. I think Magicman hit the nail on the head I also feel Ive already won,life is good !
Bill

mooleycow

hand the lady behind the counter a dollar, tell her you want to buy a dream.  it's fun to buy a dream for only a dollar.  poor dumb people like me couldn't keep it long.  somebody would need, really need more than me.  i thank God every day the phone doesn't ring, calling me out for an all nighter because someone is lost.  money would be fun, but a lot of folks depend on me coming.

Sprucegum

Every time the prize tops 50,000,000 they do a group thing at work. I buy in just so I won't be left all alone when the dreamers win  ::)  :D  ::)

Other than that I figure if I am lucky enough to win I should be lucky enough to find the ticket laying on the road so I don't need to spend my hard earned cash.

AvT

If I win the forestry forum christmas contest I'm gonna quit my job!
Wannabe sawyer, Cord King M1820 firewood processor Palax KS35 Ergo firewood Processor, 5403 John Deere, Bunch of other farm equipment,   LT70 Remote Woodmizer.  All good things but the best things in life are free.. If you don't believe me.. hold your breath for 2 minutes

Magicman

I almost quit trying to get those 8 words to stuff stick.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

redbeard

Pay for everyone to go to pigroast 2012 and have lots of free sawmills for prizes.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Den Socling

I could afford to give away a vac kiln!  :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I have more of a chance winning the LOTTO as I do winning Jeff's Christmas Contest! smiley_cry
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WH_Conley

Bill

Ironwood

There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

red oaks lumber

if i won the lottery  hum.. i would stay in the wood business until it was gone(the money that is) :D :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

SwampDonkey

What about the most important part, the wood?  I know, the darn things grow like weeds don't they. ;D  :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Den Socling

Ironwood,

I decided that one free kiln was too selfish. I decided to drop the cost of the little kiln to $1000.  ;D

Den

Ironwood

I will hand deliver a $1000 next week.  ;D
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Thank You Sponsors!