iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

tractor grapple bucket

Started by rick f, December 07, 2011, 07:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rick f

Has anyone here made a grapple bucket for there tractor using an old grapple from a self loader? I'm thinking of taken an old OC4 dozer blade and half of a self loader bucket with the hyd. lines plugged into the remotes.

If you have can you please post a picture.

Thank you, Rick
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

T Welsh

rick f,They work well until you over power them or overload them ;D

I took the easy route and got a quick attach coupler on the front of the tractor and I can now use all the skid steer attachments. I had to plumb lines from my remote to the front of tractor for hydraulics. Tim

snowstorm

might want to ser the hyd. psi a bit lower on the grapple than the bucket. that way when you rool the bucket back the grapple will have a give to it.

rick f

Tim, thanks for the picture. Is your grapple home made?

Snowstorm, If I mount the grapple to the top of the blade do you think I'll have to change PSI on it. It would still be in the same position no matter if I roll the blade back or forward, it will be attached to the top of the blade.
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
5040 kubota farm tractor

york

Rick,you don`t say how are you going to use this grapple?
logs or roots,brush?  Bert
Albert

rick f

Thinking about one on my general  bucket for general use rock, plastic  moving things around, The other one I'll install on my small dozer blade that I plan on mounting to a quick attach. I'll use that one for in the wood yard cleaning up brush, handling logs and other wood, rocks, ect.
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
5040 kubota farm tractor

T Welsh

rick f, No its a skid steer root grapple made by Pirhana, I took the bucket off the tractor and mounted a quick attach adapter on it ,that way I can use any skid steer implement. I did have to run lines up the inside of the loader arms and install quick connects on it. it works real well
ATI adapter plate for tractor 695.00
hydraulic hoses and connectors 250.00
skid steer root grapple 1500.00 at auction/retail 2500.00
rick, I found it cheaper to buy what I needed to do this than try to fabricate on an existing bucket,they are to weak to run a top clamp grapple system and would have spent a lot of time welding and bracing.look at skid steer attachments you can get them in a flat bucket configuration too. Tim

Woodwalker

I couldn't find what I wanted so I built mine.

Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

dsgsr

You won't find many grapples stronger than the set I have.

This is an Addington Equipment grapple, not sure if they're still in business but I bought it through my local JD dealer. I've moved hundreds of 1-2K lbs rocks with these and have had no structural damage. I have more pic's in my gallery.

David
Northlander band mill
Kubota M59 TLB
Takeuchi TB175 Excavator
'08 Ford 550 dump
'87 International Dump
2015 Miller 325 Trailblazer Welder/Gen

sandhills

Woodwalker,  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.  Nice!

T Welsh

Woodwalker, I see you move a lot of round bales,nice design,totally grabs without crushing. Tim

Thank You Sponsors!