iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

photo help

Started by Bill Gaiche, December 07, 2011, 08:26:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Gaiche

I tried to upload a couple of new photos last night and this morning without any sucess. loaded some the other day with the older version and it worked fine for me. I dont know if I am doing it wrong or what.This is what I get after selecting photo to upload.   An error occurs during upload (but the applet couldnt find the error message) click ok and next box appears and it says, the debug output has been copied to  the clipboard. Can someone please help. bg

Magicman

I'll try posting a picture......All that I can tell you is to go through the steps again Bill.   ;D

LK trying out her Grandmother's old rocking chair.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bill Gaiche

isawlogs

Bill , I wish I could help you but I am about the worst one to help ya out , it will get lost in translation so quick  :-\ 

But I can try  ;D
click on the forum galeries to the left above the sponsors .
click on   My galery
click Upload file
Chose the album you wish to put pic in
click on Browes this will open your image cache on your computer , chose the pic you want to upload and it will
once it is done , once you're done.
click on continue   this will open in your galery and let you write the details of the pic click on aply once that is done
to put the pic on a post
click on the pic you want , it will show up bigger , scroll down till you see   insert image in post
click that

Voila ...  :)

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

pineywoods

Bill, you probably need to uprgade the java software on your computer. OR don't use the jupload feature. There's another option there that says upload. It doesn't use java and probably will work fine.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

sandhills

I had to use Marcels method and it worked fine, Juploader wouldn't work for me either even after I tried to re-upload Java.

Jeff

Don't use the gallery button at the top. use the one under your post box. it is blue and it says "Add Gallery Image.  It opens to the default flash uploader, Much simpler to use then java. Of course if flash is messed up or does not exist on your computer, that can be a problem as well.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Raider Bill

Jeff,

I tried to upload multiple pix [flash] but there didn't seem to be a browse button. Singles the new way went flawlessly though.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Jeff

There is no browse until you select an album. Pick an album from the list where you want to put hour photo and then browse is enabled. By clicking in the box where the magnifying glass is a browse window will open.

Raider Bill

My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Jeff

AvT

Its probably my fault but that is the first time it has worked that way for me.  the secret is "never give up" 8)

Wannabe sawyer, Cord King M1820 firewood processor Palax KS35 Ergo firewood Processor, 5403 John Deere, Bunch of other farm equipment,   LT70 Remote Woodmizer.  All good things but the best things in life are free.. If you don't believe me.. hold your breath for 2 minutes

Raider Bill

Burlkraft

Why not just 1 pain free day?

Bill Gaiche

Found the blue button. Pulled up the photo upload page. Selected single photo, Selected album, hit bowse and pulled up the photo I want to upload but that as far as I get. How do you get that photo to stay in upload box? Guys I really am trying. Dont give up on my ignorance. bg

AvT

i just tried this again and after you hit browse and pick your image you hit upload,,,, then there is a big pause where nothing happens,,,, drum your fingers twiddle your thumbs time,,,, then suddenly it shows the image and says somthing like "image successfully uploaded"... then you can scroll down below the image and there is a "insert in post" button... thats how it worked for me anyway
Wannabe sawyer, Cord King M1820 firewood processor Palax KS35 Ergo firewood Processor, 5403 John Deere, Bunch of other farm equipment,   LT70 Remote Woodmizer.  All good things but the best things in life are free.. If you don't believe me.. hold your breath for 2 minutes

Jeff

Do it like this....

DONE!  ;)

Jeff

Give me a couple minutes, I'm not being a smart ass with the last post honest, I used it to record a video. Give me a few moments to get it ready. :)

AvT

A bit off topic but I was impressed with the video of you and Tammy making those raviolis Jeff

Jeff

Making videos is a fun departure from the stuff I usually am working on. This week I am working on Kansas's website and needed a bit of a break from that, so, you get a movie in a few minutes. :D

Jeff

AvT

Hmmm. interesting.  It looks slightly different when my computer does it. I wish i knew how to capture my screen in video so I could show you...

Jeff

I just tried it with internet explorer instead of Firefox, and it essentially looked the same.  What is different with yours?

AvT

I didnt get the progress bar when uploading and then when the picture was uploaded I didnt have to go to the gallery to put it in the post... other than that it was pretty much the same.  I'm using explorer 8 with windows vista..

AvT

test

video to follow i hope

Thank You Sponsors!