iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Here is one of the Red Oak benches I built back in the spring

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, December 06, 2011, 08:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I know my works not as "purty" as some of ya'lls but it sold for $250.00. I was  smiley_bounce

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

T Welsh

POSTON WIDEHEAD

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

CHARLIE

I think your woodworking is purty and you are also very creative. I like your benches a lot.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

isawlogs

Nothing to be ashamed of there mon ami, that is a good looking bench that is going to look dam good in its new home  8) 8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Burlkraft

This one is awesome too!

You are truly a craftsman Piston  ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

sandhills

Purty?!  What's not purty about that?  I wish I had half the creativeness you folks have, by the way, my wife (ok, maybe me too) would kill to have the wagon seat bench you made!  I have to show her the picture tonight she will absolutely love it, great work on both!

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Poston,

You was robbed!

At that price I'd like to have two...

Nice work, just as purty as can be.

Herb

Bill Gaiche

T Welsh

POSTONLT40HD, What was your inspiration,with the random cut outs on the bottom stretcher, I like the touch,very personal touch that I have never seen before. I always get my ideas from other people projects and twist them into my own! Tim

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Twelsh, I've built a bunch of benches. In the beginning the bottom shelf was solid. As time past, "in my eyes" the bottom shelf just looked to "bland".....no real character to the bench except for the natural gain.

I don't have pictures but the first bench I built with a bottom shelf design was the "Harley Davidson" design carved in the wood. It was the design with the wide span eagle wings etc.

I was offered a lot for it but gave it to my Father-in-law since he's a Harley rider.

Thats one good thing about oak. You can cut out designs in it and still have plenty of strength left in the wood.

I really appreciate all the comments you guys have given me.

Merry Christmas!

tcsmpsi

\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Stephen1

Great piece of work i love when you post us pics of your work Great inspiration. How do you flatten the top. do you have a planer large enough
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

POSTON WIDEHEAD

No, I don't have a planer THIS wide. I wish I did. The Woodmizer saws it really smooth and I just work it on down with sand paper.

Thank You Sponsors!