iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Start up of 2300

Started by doctorb, December 05, 2011, 01:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doctorb

We had a nice November here, warm enough that I delayed starting my 2300 until this past weekend.  I lit the fire at 5:15pm, had gasification in minutes, and had raised the water temp from 59 degrees to 185 degrees by 9PM.  This is a hour or so faster than last year.  Only difference I can figure is that I started with two-year dried black locust, and that I know the stove like an old friend by now. Pretty impressive.  Hope the rest of the heating season goes that well.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Dean186

I just came in from shoveling snow (third time this week) and last nights low temperature was -1 degree.   I have used a little over a cord of pine this year and here I set to read a post like this doctorb.  It's just not right :)

Congrats on getting the stove up and running in short order.  Impressive numbers. 

Edited the next day to add:  Last nights low was -17 degrees.

buckgrunt

Gosh Darn Global Warming !!!!!!    .....I mean... Climate Change.....

doctorb

While we are going to chill out a bit this weekend Dean, this AM's temp at 5:30 was 56 degrees!  I won't need to feed the beast much this evening.

My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Gary_C

We are trying to send some of this cold your way doctorb. We got a few inches of snow last Saturday and it hasn't been above freezing since. But we are supposed to break 32 by this weekend. So hopefully some of this cold air is out of here and headed your way.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

hockeyguy

Doc,
Doesn't it feel  good to have the scent  of smoke in your hair and clothes again? 8) 8)

doctorb

I have a old coat that I wear when working with the stove.  I don't use it for anything else, but I like how it got to smell the way it does.

richsei

lol  we have had ares going for about 8 weeks now we was a -15 Tuesday AM that made it burn some wood I guess we have burned about maybe 1 1/2 cord this year so far.
Looks like CB will be sending out another experimental burner to replace the new one they put in last week it had a few problems like the door not closing and then the micro switch that tells the stove that the door is open would slip off the cam so it would not light. Guess the new one they have fixed this I'll see in a few days when it get here.

Thank You Sponsors!