iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Outdoor Workbench

Started by Phorester, December 02, 2011, 04:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phorester

I seem to be in the workbench building mode.  Wanted an outdoor bench. I wanted to use what I had laying around to build it, didn't want to buy anything. Top is 3 western red cedar fence posts.  Legs & sides are pressure treated pine. The front has the vertical legs, so they won't get in the way. Rear legs are angled for stability with this 10-1/2" wide workbench. About 5 feet long. Heavy and stable.

isawlogs

Good job, I don't think it will bend any, what ever you decide to put on er.   :) :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Should hold a circus elephant standing on one foot. ;D She's beefy. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Phorester

Finished.  Vise installed on 1" thick board to act as a workpiece stop, bench sanded and treated with water repellant.  Might bore a hole or two in the middle for a bench dog to clamp workpieces.

WDH

Now you can hammer away to your heart's content!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Phorester

Yep.

Main thing is that I can more easily work on smelly dusty stuff outside on this bench and not fume up the basement, which is the only place I have for a workshop. I've grown partial to thick workbenches after using the other one I built out of ash.  More stable.  We'll see how this narrow one does for me.

SwampDonkey

Yip, the beefier, the stronger, the more stable, the more enjoyable to go to for work. ;D If it's light and flimsy, you'll be chasing it all over the shop/yard. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!