iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another invasive procedure

Started by Burlkraft, November 30, 2011, 09:42:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

I had another colonoscopy yesterday. After my bout with diverticulius the Doc wanted to check things out.
The worst part is preparing, the procedure is easy. You know you've been there too much when the nurses remember your name  :-\

I was clean as clean could be  smiley_smug01
Why not just 1 pain free day?

JV

Yeah, having those little procedures are the highlight of my day.  My last one took about 30" with 4 hour wait to start.  Seems it was a popular item that day.   :D
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

Shotgun

Good outcome, Steve.   8)        Keep it up.

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

beenthere

Good results.
Now you can't run on empty, so we better have lunch soon.  8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

doctorb

They shoulda found somethin', 'cause if they didn't, it means you're a perfect a-hole.  ;)

Just a bad medical joke.....sorry :)
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Warbird

thecfarm

Can't say you are full of it anymore. :D 
Glad all is well.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Norm

Quote from: thecfarm on December 01, 2011, 06:24:59 AM
Can't say you are full of it anymore. :D 

Let's not get carried away here.... ;D

Jeff

I'm glad I talked him out of sending out those invitations.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

doctorb

My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Burlkraft

Quote from: doctorb on November 30, 2011, 12:03:49 PM
They shoulda found somethin', 'cause if they didn't, it means you're a perfect a-hole.  ;)

We all knew that before the procedure  ;D

Looking at the pictures today...as I don't remember looking at them the other day...you can plainly see the spot where I had the infection. It looks kind of mundain now but it sure caused some pain then!

ely

i found the best thing about those procedures was the VERSAID that they administered before the procedure.

Raider Bill

Growing old ain't for wimps......
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Burlkraft

Now today it's off to the hospital for a chemical stress test and then possibly right into the cath lab.

Sometimes ya wonder......

jim king

Good luck with all that Burlkraft.

Raider Bill

You have to wonder how good for you those chemicals are. They bring them out in a lead bottle.

Norm

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Leave the nurse alone too. I don't care how good looking he is.

;D

jim king

QuoteYou have to wonder how good for you those chemicals are. They bring them out in a lead bottle.

Now if he can get the lead bottle and shoot that into a tree it would surely make a super burl

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

isawlogs

Steve, sure hope they got it right. !
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

beenthere

Hope they didn't keep him.  ::)
Much better if they threw him back.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

He's home. I made him call me when he got home so I didn't have to worry about him all night or his male nurse. ;)

He's whooped.

Left Coast Chris

Fortunately we are not all in this together (not speeking for the male nurse of course)
.... but as Red Green would say

We are pullin for ya!    Hope they find out you are good to go!
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

doctorb

Expecting a full report, minus the male nurse issue, when he's strong enough to type.  :D  Hope it turned out as well as your colonoscopy!

Burlkraft

Well I survived! Had a great bunch of folks working on me yesterday. I had 2 of these tests before. They didn't seem so bad before, this time I really thought I was gonna kick it there for a second. I couldn't have any caffeine for 24 hours before. When I get there they tell me why. The antidote to the stress medicine is caffeine! They put the drug in my I V and within seconds I couldn't breathe and came right up off the table. They had a nurse by my side to calm me down. She was young and had very warm, soft hands as she was telling me it was gonna be fine. They seemed to get the info they needed and just as fast as they came the symptoms faded away. Then I got a diet Shasta cola (no Pepsi because of budget cuts) and I felt great...exhausted, but great  ;D They didn't keep me and I'll know the test results in a couple a days. I don't have any neat pictures of this one, but I could always up load the colonoscopy ones  :D :D :D :D

So Beenthere it looks like we're on for Fish at The Avenue on Friday. I'm sure Chris will lookin' for us at 11:30  8) 8) 8)

isawlogs

Glad to hear the nurses are young and have soft warm hands.  8)   Good to se you back here .  ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Raider Bill

Jeff

SwampDonkey

Only way to get any taste out of it, with half lb of butter added. ;D :D

Glad you had a nice nurse lady this time. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

beenthere

Great!!!
We're good to go.   8)
south central Wisconsin

doctorb

Watch that diet!!  I didn't know that a fish was a plant.   :D

Jeff

Quote from: SwampDonkey on December 15, 2011, 10:53:17 AM

Glad you had a nice nurse lady this time. ;D

I heard she had an Adam's Apple. :)

Warbird

LOL!  You guys are a riot.  Steve, glad to hear you weathered yet another procedure.  You know we are all pullin' for ya.

Raider Bill

Steve uses that word "plant" pretty loosely....

isawlogs

Yes like , plant his fork in da fish, dip da fish into batter, then plant da fish down on da grill type of plant.  pull_smiley    ;D

Marcel

JV

Steve, glad to hear everything turned out ok.  Ah, yes I have fond memories of young, pretty, warm, soft nurses.  But like crusty old Walter says, "All you can do is run to the end of your chain and bark."   :-\
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

Ernie

Quote from: doctorb on November 30, 2011, 12:03:49 PM

Just a bad medical joke.....sorry :)

I just had the look down and look up thing but I am a bigger a hole than they thought because the endoscope wasn't quite long enough (they said it might have something to do with my hiatus hernia) so I had to return for a CT Colonoscopy, that showed nothing much so last week they had me swallow a camera and get hooked up to a sensor array for 8 hours while thousands of pictures were taken.  I'm hoping to get a CD with the pics, I already have one of my cardiac stent installation (Very interesting) and the CT Endoscopy (couldn't understand a thing).  Hopefully, one day they will discover where all my red blood cells are escaping, I really am getting fed up with this lack of energy. >:(

A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Burlkraft

Quote from: Raider Bill on December 15, 2011, 01:38:30 PM
Steve uses that word "plant" pretty loosely....

Bill's seen me in action. I found that all life on earth is based on plants and water. Fish live in water and some eat plants. I eat fish. A small child can plainly see that connection. Now if those fish are fried in peanut oil...well what is a peanut? I know , I know it's a tubor, but it's still a plant. And besides me and Beenthere always have slaw with our fish...HELLO!!!
Cabbage...carrots! We always have a diet Pepsi and that's zero calories.
I would feel well prepaired to take this debate to my dietician and win!!  :D :D :D

SwampDonkey

Well it seems you came out hole whole from the procedure anyway. ;D

doctorb

Cattle eat plants too.  By your logic, doesn't that make steak plant based?  Glad everything came out OK. I am sure the medical profession can dream up more tests with which to invade you.  Can't wait for the next chapter. 

Buck

Glad you asked that one Doc. I was headed there too. ;)
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Burlkraft

Quote from: doctorb on December 15, 2011, 08:22:45 PM
Cattle eat plants too.  By your logic, doesn't that make steak plant based?  Glad everything came out OK. I am sure the medical profession can dream up more tests with which to invade you.  Can't wait for the next chapter.

He did mention one time wether I was nuts and that maybe we should talk about that.

We won't be talking to any of them guys. I'm gonna keep all my creepy secrets to myselfand Jill and Jeff  :D :D :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!