iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Oak market value in Wisc. (stumpage?)

Started by Rooster, November 28, 2011, 07:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rooster

Hey there,

Would anyone happen to know what standing oak market prices are at right now.  I have a friend in Central WI who is thinking about having his woods logged, and doesn't want to be cheated.  Let me know if you guys have any info.

Thanks,

Rooster
"We talk about creating millions of "shovel ready" jobs, for a society that doesn't really encourage anybody to pick up a shovel." 
Mike Rowe

"Old barns are a reminder of when I was young,
       and new barns are a reminder that I am not so young."
                          Rooster

1938farmall

It seems like a crying shame, but 1 year ago a logging outfit from Stevens Point paid me $18/cord for oak pulp & oak bolts.  White oak sawlogs were $200/M.  Red oak sawlogs $315/M.  Red oak veneer logs $800/M.  al
aka oldnorskie

tjdub

Illinois publishes very detailed hardwood price reports (both stumpage and FOB) twice a year:

http://web.extension.illinois.edu/forestry/il_timber_prices/index.html

Wisconsin doesn't have anything like it that I'm aware of, but Illinois prices should be somewhat similar.

T Welsh

Oak is down everywhere unless quality is there,Its bad in here in PA. does not cover the cost to process it. Tim

Rooster

Thanks Guys!

I forwarded the info to my friend, and he really appreciated it....who knows, he might just become a FF member!

Rooster
"We talk about creating millions of "shovel ready" jobs, for a society that doesn't really encourage anybody to pick up a shovel." 
Mike Rowe

"Old barns are a reminder of when I was young,
       and new barns are a reminder that I am not so young."
                          Rooster

Thank You Sponsors!