iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Too nice to burn

Started by TreeWinder, November 28, 2011, 04:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

Sure can let me dig the gun out of my safe later today.

Here's a shot of the grips I got for my long slide.

TreeWinder

Ed
041 056S 056M
MS660 070 084
CS670
Baker 18M
Komatsu D-21-P ,
Speeco 35T

Magicman

:o  Wowoweee, talk about making something pop.

Top quality items like that is one way to maximize the value of that log.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

TreeWinder

Quote from: Don K on January 08, 2012, 05:44:22 PM
Just saw this thread again. I'm having heart palpitations. You lucky dog. I would love to have just the firewood pieces. I see lots of potential on a mini lathe. We don't have anything like that here in the south.

Don

These are the way to you, you should have them by end of week.  Need sharp tools for sure, Post up some pics after you turn em.

Ed

Ed
041 056S 056M
MS660 070 084
CS670
Baker 18M
Komatsu D-21-P ,
Speeco 35T

Norm

Ed, folks like you are what make this such a great place.  :)

Clam77

Wow - those peices are good looking just as firewood peices too!! 
Andy

Stihl 009, 028, 038, 041, MS362
Mac 1-40, 3-25

SwampDonkey

It sure is high grade figure as far as I'm concerned.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Don K

Thanks Ed.  I will eagerly await the package. After I see what size the pieces are I will plan a project. I have something in mind so we will see what the pieces tell me.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

TreeWinder

Don,
It'll be a Christmas present  :)   It was all I could get in one of those USPS flat rate boxes.  If you make small crafts just do a close up and then blow em up so it looks large in the pics  LOL
Ed
041 056S 056M
MS660 070 084
CS670
Baker 18M
Komatsu D-21-P ,
Speeco 35T

5quarter

That is an amazing project! I'm just stunned by the quality of the figure...not everyone gets to apologise for the rough appearence of their lumber by saying that, "they look rough due to the quilt pattern running into the tiger grain".  ;)

Swampdonkey...thats a heckuva compliment coming from a guy who heats his house with that stuff ;).
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

WDH

Every time that I look at this thread, I am amazed. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Bill Gaiche

That is some really awsume wood. Good luck on your project. bg

SwampDonkey

fire_smiley Oh well, like bugs bunny:"one for you, two for me. Three for me one for you". :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

tomsteve

i am jonesin for more pictures!!!!!! :'(

Okrafarmer

Yes, have you done anything else? All we have down here is ambrosia maple and the occasional clear log  :-\
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

T Welsh

TreeWinder, Any updates on the pretty maple log ;). Tim

TreeWinder

Tim,
Nothing new, have been dealing with life's other challenges past few weeks. But have stickered about 250BFfrom the side slabs and cut out a nice section for a rifle stock. So far only have that rough cut and drying.

Should have the dozer log boom done in a few weeks and then I can get more done with the log.

Ed
Ed
041 056S 056M
MS660 070 084
CS670
Baker 18M
Komatsu D-21-P ,
Speeco 35T

T Welsh

Ed,Remember to take some pictures of the rifle stock and the lift your making for the dozer,its winter time and it gives us something to look at :D.Tim

SwampDonkey

From what I have been reading this winter on here, winter isn't all that harsh in PA. :D :D

T Welsh

SwampDonkey, Its been down right enjoyable,last two days in the upper 50,s ;D. I am not complaining,the draw back about this time of year is the sun sets way too early. Tim

SwampDonkey

We have about 11.5 hrs of daylight here with evening twilight. That's a long enough work day. ;D

TreeWinder

Tim,
Boom attachment for the dozer, designed for 10K; less when I add an extension. Adjustable and I get a 4' lift from the dozer blade and the boom at highest is 4' from level. Maybe eventually add a winch to it also.

Ed
Ed
041 056S 056M
MS660 070 084
CS670
Baker 18M
Komatsu D-21-P ,
Speeco 35T

Brad_bb

Did that main cant ever get sawed up? 
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Thank You Sponsors!