iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberking b 20 thickness gauge.

Started by Select one, November 27, 2011, 02:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Select one

Does anyone have a better way to get  more accurate cuts with reguards to thickness on a 10 yr old tk b20. The magnetic ruler and your best eye get it close,but?    Any sugggestions. Thanks  Tim
My front hurts

Magicman

No suggestions, but Welcome to the Forestry Forum.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

redbeard

It takes some practice getting use to magnetic strip I use to draw my cut lines on end of cant and keep my eye on where the pointer lands. I got prettty good at 7/8. My set works was down for awhile and I learned to do it manually. I still keep my eye on where gauge is at all the time it is pretty accurate.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Paper Maker

I Made this system awhile back and it works very well for me. When I made it I factored in the kerf so that I wouldn't have to try and keep up with it by adding it in after every cut. It has sped up my sawing and also improved my  accuracy. The scale has four different sides and some of the sides have more than one scale on them. It is easy to move the pointers also and I put two on to save a spot with one of them  in case I needed to turn the cant. At the bottom of the scale it is slotted so that when you turn it for a different cut it will fall in its correct position. I can get you some more pictures if you are interested.     Thanks Marcus

ladylake

If you have the setworks get it working, a big improvement in production.  If not do as above.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

5quarter

Welcome select one...nice to have a neighbor on the forum. I am just east of you in Springfield. What have you been cutting lately? If you don't have computerized setworks, repetition is you're best friend. Paper maker...that's a really nice system you have...could you explain it further?
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

Paper Maker

Ladylake if you had to guess how much do you think setworks would cost. Are there different levels of setworks, or are they all pretty much standard. I would love to have setworks if it could be retro fitted to my saw. But its probably to much sugar for a dime and out of my price range. I saw a aftermarket on ebay for $7000.00 if I remember correctly and I certainly wouldn't pay that for something that may not work anyway. I guess I could call TimberKing and find out for myself but it probably would be a wast of both of our time. As much as I here about it on the forum I know it must be nice to have. Thanks Marcus smiley_huh2

eastberkshirecustoms

I have plans to check into one of these units down the road: http://www.thomasic.com/a200.htm. I don't know about the price yet.

Thank You Sponsors!