iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Case 350 track loader owners?

Started by Dana, November 27, 2011, 09:58:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dana

I bought a case 350 track loader. No owners or service manual with it. Does anyone know how to adjust the clutches and what weight oil they take?
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

Taylortractornut

I dont think the  350's had clutches they used  Diff steering.    You just adjust the brakes on them.  Make sure  no oil gets on the drums or bands.   The  Italian built MF crawlers were also built like this.      Try ytmag.com   on their crawlers section about this.     I ve run a few 350's and some of the earlier Case crawlers but not many. 
My overload permit starts after sunset

Dana

If no clutches, then do you know the adjustment procedure on the brake bands?
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

Taylortractornut

Im not super familiar with Case  but there should be a  box  or panel under the seat or behind the   seat.      take it off and youll see and adjusting mechanism .        Most brake procedures  require you to  tighten them down to the  drum then back off a 1/4 to  1/2  turn.       THeres a lockning mechanism that locks the brake ajustment down.   I think on the Case its a spring loaded collar that  slides up around the  adjusting  head.   Just press it down and  tighten till it bottoms out and then back off and relock.      Its been several years since Ive done it on an early Case but te MF units I  did were like I described.
My overload permit starts after sunset

Thank You Sponsors!