iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

disposable saws?

Started by old2stroke, November 18, 2011, 12:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ward Barnes

Quote from: huntindog1 on February 06, 2012, 07:53:10 PM
I run an old Husky 44 since 1987. It was a rebuild job from a local small engine shop.

I needed a back up saw so I was looking and got one of the no name 52cc saws off of ebay.

I have heard people trash them but these no name knock off saws are pretty close clones and much more performance than the department store saws. Alot more saw for the money.

But I basically view them as a disposable unless I learn to fix them as no shops around here work on them.

:) Welcome Huntindog1.  Glad you joined the forum.  I just got the "fix-it" bug and I'm looking for my first fix-er-upper.  I have a dealer who has promised me the next bucket saw he gets in.  CAUTION - the fix-it bug can get into your blood stream.

I work at one of the 'big-box' stores.  We have one customer that will not sharpen a chain.  When he has one that gets dull he just buys a new one and throws the dull one away.  I'm trying to get him to just give me his dull chains.  We'll see.

God Bless, Ward.
7 year old Stihl MS 390.  New Stihl trim saw MS 250.  Kubota BX 2200 tractor.  2005 F150 4X4.
Dull chains cause accidents.  Accidents cause shorter life spans.
You don't sharpen a chain when it gets dull.  You sharpen a chain to keep it from getting dull.

Ianab

QuoteI work at one of the 'big-box' stores.  We have one customer that will not sharpen a chain.  When he has one that gets dull he just buys a new one and throws the dull one away.  I'm trying to get him to just give me his dull chains.  We'll see.

Tell him about the "new recycle program" for old chainsaw chains.  :D

Technically it's even true, you are going to sharpen them and use them for the other 95% of their useful live, that counts as recycling  ;)

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Cutting Edge

Quote from: huntindog1 on February 06, 2012, 07:53:10 PM

I needed a back up saw so I was looking and got one of the no name 52cc saws off of ebay.

Is this what you are referring too?  I saw they have 64cc ones available too.  How does your saw compare in weight to others?   

"Winning an argument isn't everything, as long as you are heard and understood" - W.S.

Cutting Edge Saw Service, LLC -
- Sharpening Services
- Portable/Custom Milling and Slabbing
- On-Site Sawmill Maintenance/Repair Services

Factory Direct Kasco WoodMaxx Blades
Ph- (304) 878-3343

Thank You Sponsors!