iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

This is my last day here!

Started by DanG, January 30, 2004, 11:08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

No, not my last day on the Forum, silly. :)  This is my last day on the job I've held for 34 years. ;D 8) ;D 8) ;D 8)  I start final vacation at 5pm today, and will not be back.  I have wondered many times just what this day would feel like, and it feels better than I ever imagined!

The boss called me before I left the house this morning and told me not to go to the office. He wanted me to meet him at Jim n Milts restaurant for breakfast. Finally got to the office at 10:30, and had to meet some more folks for lunch at 11:30. Have spent the rest of the day shaking some hands and getting some hugs. What a great day! 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

breederman

congrats,now you can really go to work! 8)
Together we got this !

Kevin

Atta boy, DanG.
Congratulations on your release!

Jeff

Alrighty then! Travel time is now available to attend forestry forum pig roasts!

Good for you ya old cuss. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Mark M

Hey - That's pretty DanG cool  8)

I can't wait until I retire, but I guess I'll have too cause I'm just a young whipper-snapper.

Contratulations Dan :)

shopteacher

Well congratulations glad to see another escape the shackles of the corporate world.  Have fun and enjoy everyday DanG you've earned it.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

CHARLIE

Well Dang! Congratulations!  Now you can have an extra cup of coffee before you wald out and crank up the sawmill. 8)  I put in 33 1/2 years at IBM before I hung it up.  It took me awhile to get used to watching Donna get ready for work while I drank coffee....but I finally got used to it. ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Shotgun

Congratulations DanG.  You'll like it.  Been there for 7 years and it's Grrrrreeaaaaaatttt!!!!  I wouldn't have it any other way. Do what you want when you want.  Just one word of advice: Be prepared to say NO.  You'll have that opportunity a lot. Good luck and enjoy.

Shotgun (aka Norm) from Michigan, wintering in Florida
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Stump Jumper

8)CONGRATS! 8) When do you start at walmart ;D ;D :D ;)   :o O i beter not go there :o ;)             8) 8) 8)
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Norm

All right Dan! Congratuations on your retirement.

Now get to work. ;D

Percy

Heya DanG
Ya she's a good day. Congrats. I remember you talkn about this a few months back. Now you can mill and get fit(not suggesting you arnt already) and go fishin. When I sold my logging truck, which I really liked, it was still  a relief. Kinda like breaking wind ;D, got rid of somthin you dont need anymore and felt good :D :D :D :D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Bill_B

Way to go 8) 8)
It is a lot of fun and you will be as busy as when you were working.
I took early retirement and love it.
Bill B

UNCLEBUCK

Congratulations Dan , quite a accomplishment to be at one workplace for that amount of time, hope you enjoy the years to come ! UB   8)
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

etat

DanG, Congragulations!   Perhaps if you get bored you might be interested in joining up with a new company, part time.  See the post under the Services Section. :)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Kevin_H.

Way to go dan...Betcha dont slow down any  ;D
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Tom

congratulations on your retirement Dang.   Take a few days, prop your feet up and enjoy it before you decide that you need to be productive. :)

Fla._Deadheader

Hey, you ole Kamikaze.  :D Glad to see that ya made it.  8)

Must feel good. I wouldn't know about that.  Good luck on gettin the new business going.  8)

Got more info on the "Swamp Shenanigan". I'll post it tomorrow on the events forum.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Paul_H

Retired and living in Florida! You're living the Canadian Dream 8)

Congratulations DanG,I'm happy for you and will be looking forward to hearing the stories about your new mill business.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Corley5

Congrats 8) 8) 8)  All the retirees I know have the "perma-grin" on their faces.  My Dad's going to join the club in May and can hardly wait.  Another 21 years for me ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Dugsaws

Congrats Dan,
 good to hear you will be able to do what you want when you want 8), now get that mill fired up  :D
Doug

Duane_Moore

8) 8) 8) Well shucks, now ya can lay around the bunk house all day long. watch all the hired men working. drink sasparilla and grin,  Welcome aboard, come on out and do some visiting, Welcome Here.    Duh---Duane 8) 8) 8)
village Idiot---   the cat fixers----  I am not a complete Idiot. some parts missing.

Buzz-sawyer

So glad for ya! I hope you find this the better , more fun time of your life
Don
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Stephen_Wiley

Congratulations, DanG !

You get to join the rest of some of my friends doing their patriotic duty, by keeping telemarketers busy with things like this:

Hell Mr. DanG, and how are you today ?

Wellll.........thanks for asking, say what you all do for itching hemoroids anyway?

Helps to keep the rest of us working and you get to waste their time talking as long as you want.  :D  :D  :D  :D 8)
" If I were two faced, do you think I would be wearing this one?"   Abe Lincoln

EZ

Great news DanG. Enjoy your retirement.
We had 105 people retire down at the shop friday, they all left around noon. Kinda made the place look like a ghost town.
Enjoy.
EZ

OneWithWood

Good morning Dan.  Here you are, the first day of truly being your own boss  8)  I hope you slept in a bit today, had some grits at breakfast, and are going to enjoy your new freedom a bit begore you get out you to do list or the Mrs. hands you your honey do list  :o
Congratulations on hitting a big milestone. :)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Thank You Sponsors!