iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Schafers Wolf Lake ILLinois ?

Started by Autocar, November 21, 2011, 04:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

Anyone ever do any bussiness with them and how was the results ? Iam looking at a transmission for my C7 and they call it a Dyno Tested with new seals and anything that looked like is was getting bad for around five grand. Or a company on the west coast selling the whole rebuild kit seals,bearings, clutches ect for $1878.80 and I give it a try. Just a couple of angles and wonder what your opinions are. Thanks Bill
Bill

kiko

I have purchased ind components from them and the quality was good. Which trans does your c7 have?

CuddleBugFirewood

I live about 20 miles away and have been through there on several occasions (They are right on the highway).  They are a pretty big used parts supplier for equipment from what I can see and have heard.  Lots of parts, and seems pretty organized.  both sides of the road have rows and rows of parts.  I have only bought a few small parts for my skidder.  they seemed resonable and knowledgeable.  A friend of my bought an older wheel loader from them.  He has been satisfied with his machine.   

Good luck!

Autocar

Kiko it has a Clark R28328-6 in it.
Bill

KyMasterLogger

i bought a skidder differential from them earlier this year. 80 hours after it was installed, the pinion bearing went out. they warrantied the differential no questions asked and paid freight both ways. i have bought lots of different parts from them in the past. very fast shipping. thumbs up for andy @ schaffers.

midwestlogger

KyMasterLogger is right on about schaffers! My 1st stop for any parts that i may need . Andy has the whole inventory of that place between them ears !!! Only an hour away from me, and most of the local timber fellas around here deal with them. Good luck with the trans!
2-JD 440's, 2-W14 Case Wheel Loaders, 518 CAT cable skidder, JD 540D cable skidder 2-390XP, 2-660, 1130 gear drive homelite

duckslayingpro

Have bought quite of bit of stuff from them. Just got a block and crank from them to build my engine for my 440. Andy knows his stuff and will stand behind it. Ive never had any problems with anything I got from there. But I know they would stand behind it. Good group of guys. I will continue to business there. I always deal with Andy. Good luck either way you go!

semologger

i have spent several dollars with them and never had any problems

Bobus2003

Have Bought and Sold many Things through them.. Bought the 4045T Engine for my 440 From them, Not a problem with it for 10 years. Last Spring Bought a Rebuilt 6414T Engine from them, Drove their to pick it up (The day of the Massive Storm, January 31/February 1&2) They did everything they could to get the engine finished up and Dynoed, to get me back on the road to get back through the Storm to Denver.

Hans1

I got a transfer case for my 225 tj  very knowledgeable and quick service. The housing was cracked in many places and they still took it for the core. Good people

sawman

We've dealt with them also, and have had no problems. Good people to deal with.
'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

lumberjack48

Bill, you could buy the used tran for 5 grand, yes they check ont the presures on clutch packs, seals, valve bank, ect for any preasure leaks.
But you are still dealing with a used tran, this conld be the best buy you ever made or a night mare. Put it in the skidder, 3 days have to pull it.
The thing is when you buy something like this you don't know what you have, maybe it will run a year, then your down again. Theres one good thing, its a tax write off, got to have those.

If your case is good, a good rebuild should last you many years. And you know everything is new in the tran
I don't know a thing about a Clark power shiift, i was told to stay from a clark skidder because the trans didn't hold up.
I ran a Funk Power Shift in a S8 International 16 years. I had bought it used in 1980, it was a 76, i had the tran a out a couple times, fixed it myself. In 1993 i had it rebuilt at White Bear Lake, Wis., it cost me $7200.00, i had priced up a new one $14000.00, this is why i tell guys to buy stick shift
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Autocar

Lumberjack 48 I know what your saying it sounds like there a very good company to deal with . But Iam still up in the air over what to do,I can pull a thousand foot with out a problem but when I pull steady one tree after the other the steel case of the transmission will get so hot you can fry a egg on it. The metal on the hyd. lines everything gets hot and it will just lock up till I let it cool. When I pull the dip stick the oil dosen't seem that hot so I lean towards a bearing but everyone I talk to about it gives me other directions and just don't know what to do. It isn't about spending the money but I want to spend it on the problem and not maybe this will make it work. Thanks everyone for your time Bill
Bill

lumberjack48

Sounds like the oil isn't circulating, or a plugged oil line, or the packs set up to tight. I know or-or-or-or
If it was a bearing it would spin the race, i ran my Funk 3 years with a race spinning, never got hot.

I hated this kind of trouble, a man can't sleep, your mind is going round and round, it might be something very simple wrong

Theres a reason its getting hot,  >:(.
Try and find out why
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

snowstorm

find someone that works on clark trans everyday and have him do the tests on it . it will save you cash in the long run. like i said normal oil temp is 200 to 250 . at that temp the case is going to be hot.

lumberjack48

My Funk had a tube with a coil in in it, under the radiator, the tran oil ran threw the coil. the tube hooked to the radiator, so the tran ran 180 to 220, same as the engine, depended on the weather, the main thing was to keep the radiator clean.
I had to shut down in 90+ weather, she couldn't keep the tran in operating temp, anything above 220 was in the red on my gauge.
It would get so hot i could smell it, thats not good.

Like snowstorm said, at running temp your not going to be holding the cooler lines.

Autocar

Last night laying there in bed [ where I do my best repairs sometimes  ;D ] I decided to call a company here in Ohio that deals with logging equipment and if they have someone that understands the transmissiom Iam going to have them come over and check it out. The money it cost will be well spent if it's something else rather then transmission problem.
Bill

snowstorm

you made the right choice. they can check the pressure and do the stall test and whatever it takes. good luck

kiko

Autocar, the rebuild kit does not include drums and torque convertor parts and this is where the big money comes in on a clark trans. I know you are going to have it checked out but I wondering what the symptoms are.(i think there might have been a thread about this already). Also, the trans pump is a ness thing to check or replace when doing a rebuild. If the torque convertor is seperated from the trans housing be sure to check the suction hose between trans case and trans pump. If it is sucking air the stall on the convertor will be high and will heat up quickly. There is also a pressure regulator valve on the torque convertor that could be malfunctioning.

Autocar

Just a up date Baker Equipment called me back this morning stateing that it wouldn't do them much good to come here because they couldn't test anything untill the transmission locked up. There around six hours east of me so I suppose I will take it out and drive over there. He told me they could tear it down and then tell me what it will take to repair.  ::)
Bill

snowstorm

i would talk to someone else. they can check pressure do the stall test ect.

Thank You Sponsors!