iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

No I do not have a BBQ addiction!

Started by Norm, November 21, 2011, 03:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

I don't care what you say, I have it under control.... ;D

Patty

For those of you who cannot believe their eyes, yes that truly is a pallet of charcoal.  :D    But not just any charcoal, mind you!
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Radar67

That's "fore" charcoal isn't it. You know, fore it's used to cook your meat.  :D
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

beenthere

Think MM will catch that Radar ?  ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Radar67

He's gonna have to learn to run real fast to catch me, Beenthere.  :) Or learn the "Neak" method of catching Radar.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

D Hagens

Hey Norm, what kind of break do you get buying it by the pallet?

scsmith42

Wow - almost looks like someone is about to BBQ a whole steer....

Norm, might take a while to use all of that up in the Egg; got something else in mind for it?
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Norm

This is a lump called wicked good. Not easy to find in my area so Joel and I decided to split a pallet of it. There's 60 22# bags so we figure that it will last almost a year for us. Well it will for me but Joel is a BBQ maniac and goes through a bag of lump a week.

D it's about 30% cheaper to buy this way. They did mention about a big price break at the 4 pallet mark but that seemed a little extreme even for me.  :D

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Burlkraft

I just started using Wicked Good this summer.

It is the best that I have used.

You'll prolly burn that up by spring eh Norm?
Why not just 1 pain free day?

sandhills

I've never heard of that brand or saw it around here, where do you get it?  I never cooked with anything other than Royal Oak but everyone in town quit carrying it.  :-\

Norm

I just checked and they do not have any retail outlets in Nebraska carrying it Pat. For me the nearest place was an hour away and darn pricey so that's why I had it trucked in. Also I have trouble finding any lump period during the winter months so now I don't have to send Patty out during blizzards to get some.  ;D

sandhills

Thanks Norm, I still miss my Royal Oak, been looking for a replacement and was hoping to find something close that measured up, I don't care much for Kingsford.

Norm

Do you have a Menards near you Pat, that's where I get my Royal Oak lump from. Probably like me though, at least an hours drive away.

sandhills

Yep, you nailed, about an hour away.  I didn't realize they carried it I'll have to check for it, thanks Norm.

Don_Papenburg

Will they split a shipment? I mean drop at two or three locationsand still give the discount? Where is wicked good located ? Just thinking.  Forestry Forum Food Fettish Buyers Club???????Like a nation wide food store chain.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

sandhills

Norm

They ship out of MA Don. I'll bet they would do something like that but to be honest how many of you guys want to store a pallet of lump. :D

LeeB

We get some local here called Ozarks Natural or something like that. There used to be two plants that made it but the EPA shut one down. Don't know if they ship elsewhere or not.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Don_Papenburg

What the heck ,one more pallet,not a problem. I think that we all could find a place to put the pallet .
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Yoopersaw

Sounds like something I need to try. 8)

Norm

Got about half the pallet gone between me and my son's!

http://youtu.be/fOLhV38zWZ4

Weekend_Sawyer

Mmmm nice, How do you start lump? can you use a chimney like for charcoal?

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Norm

Weekend_Sawyer

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Thank You Sponsors!