iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New green shop

Started by cypresskayaksllc, November 20, 2011, 09:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redbeard

Really looking good! Building with sawmill wood is as addicting as milling. Its hard to stop. Nice job.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

thecfarm

Now to move everything back in. You will really enjoy that building.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Onthesauk

First class job!  Quite amazed at how fast it came along, coming from tree to shop.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

customsawyer

Looking good. I bet you are having a hard time stopping at the end of the day as you would like to have it done and get moved back in.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

LA Z BOY

Stick a porch with a rocking chair on that front end & move in .

cypresskayaksllc

Quote from: LA Z BOY on December 17, 2011, 01:56:27 PM
Stick a porch with a rocking chair on that front end & move in .

That rocker would just be for looks. Theres not enough time to sit down.
Its a lot easier to pack things up in boxes then taking them back out and getting them somewhat organized. The problem is that I have a lot of misc stuff. Things that I doubt Ill ever use. But they arent the sort of thing I could donate and I dont want to throw them away. What do you guys do with these kinds of things. Do you just bite the bullet and toss them in the trash can. Do you hoard them.
LT40HDDR, JD950FEL, Weimaraner

Papa1stuff

No throwing away ,hoard them  :D :D ;D ;D
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

sealark37

I would add my vote to hoard those odd things.  If you get rid of them, you will need the stuff you threw away before you know it.  Think of the fun your grandkids will have sifting through that pile when you don't need it any more.  Regards, Clark :D

WDH

If you throw something away, you will need it 20 years from now.  Trouble is, by then, you will have forgot that you have it  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

isawlogs

Quote from: WDH on December 17, 2011, 09:08:01 PM
If you throw something away, you will need it 20 years from now.  Trouble is, by then, you will have forgot that you have it  :D.
You will surely remember the day that you did through it away  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Woodchuck53

I just checked and saw that you are a younger guy. Congrats, I had to wait a few years and didn't get to build my shop till I was 42. Sure makes it nicer to work. Enjoy it. Great looking so for. What's next? Cabinets or open shelves? Stationary work surfaces or roll around?
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

slider

You better keep that stuff or it"s going to come and bite you.Take it from a pack rat that"s paying a hefty price for his sinful ways.My shop (24x50) has been built for years ,has a dirt floor.Now i am getting ready to pour the floor and guess what,all this stuff has to go somewhere . My challenge is to not clutter it up this time.I'm going to keep most of it in and old out building and try to keep my workplace organized.As soon as I get out of packrat rehab I will start moving my stuff. good luck
al glenn

Wintergreen Mountain

Nice job!

I hope to start a project like that in the next year or two.

LEON
1920 Ford 4x4 tractor, forks & bucket. 2010 36" Turner Mills band mill. Cat-Claw blade sharpener. Cat-Claw Dual Tooth Setter. Cat D3 crawler dozer. Cat 215c excavator, Ford L9000 dump truck. Gardner Denver 190 portable air compressor. KatoLight 40Kw trailer mounted gen set. Baker M412 4-head planer.

Lambee10

I have been following this thread and have been looking forward to updates since you started this.  This is a great project that the hundreds of guests and all the members are envious of.

Your dogs and rats will be very happy!

Are you like me?  You get it 90% done and start using it and find it hard to finish it up??
All animals like me...at feeding time.

M-14 Belsaw and the toys to go with it.

5quarter

Banana boxes are your friend...keep hoarding. ;)
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

Coon

Round here it's old plastic milk crates and plastic five gallon buckets that hold some of the hoard.  :D  The thing now is to figure out a numbering or labeling system to identify which part of the hoard is in there.  ;)  Sure glad I salvaged all those square stackable pails with lids, from bin bolts. I must have about thirty of em and about 90% are full of thingamado's and whatchamacallits.   ;D  No hoard would ever be complete without em.  ;D And believe me the hoard is never done growing.  :o  Thinkin' about an alarm system to protect my hoard too.   ;D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: Coon on December 19, 2011, 01:00:46 PM
...  Thinkin' about an alarm system to protect my hoard too.   ;D

A properly formed hoard will protect itself. First of all, nobody can find what they're looking for and if they push too deep they'll be buried in the hoard-slide...

Herb

Said by the guy whose desk used to be labeled as a paperslide zone by his coworkers...

Coon

Ya I never included the Scrap Metal Jungle that we have out at the farm too...much like the properly formed hoard you speak of.   :D  It's MY Quality Junk and I'll keep it how I like.  ;D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Thank You Sponsors!