iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Any Mobile Dimension sawyers out there?

Started by oakiemac, April 11, 2003, 09:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakiemac

I have a chance to purchase a second hand model 12XLS Mobile Dimension saw and I was wondering what others thought of these mills. The research that I've done seems to indicate that Mobile Dimension saws are fairly good but the experience of the forum is probably a lot better than research. Thanks for any input.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Tom

Welcome to the forestry forum.  You've come to the right place.  We've got'em.  Boy!  have we got'em.  It'll take a little time for them may be, but they'll be here.  

Sit back and read some  of the old posts while your waiting :) 8)

Frank_Pender

Oakie, I would suggest you go to the Forum  member list and touch base with Sawmill_John.  He can most likely give you the complete history of the specific mill you are looking at buying.  I have two Model 128s, myself.   I enjoy operating both of them very much.   :)
Frank Pender

Jeff

We have several mobile owners on the forum that seem very happy with their mills. There is Frank who you just heard from, one of Our admins, Paul_H, Our resident cussword DanG, (who at this moment is cleaning restrooms at the Masters in Augusta :D ;))(Sorry DanG), Timberbeast who is currently working 35 hours a day in a factory, Steve who is sawing exotic Curly Koa in that horrible weather local of Hawaii (pity the fool) and some I am sure I am missing.

Yep, you came to the right place for straight answers. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sawmill_john

Franks right Oakie if you would like some more inifo on what we know about the mill email me and I can get you the info.  Either do that or email me through the mobile mfg co website www.mobilemfg.com .  Used mills can be a good deal if you know what to look for, engines are the thing to pay attention to, all too many users neglect the simple maintenance cleaning the sawdust off and regular oil changes.  Also storage can be an issue, the horizontally opposided engine will collect moisture on the lower surfaces of the cylinders and thats were we see alot of engine rebuilds coming from, don't let the engine sit outside uncovered. unless you have alot of money you would like to get rid of.
  As for the sawmill it self here are the major points of what models have been built:

from 1963 to 1979 - model 12 and model 127
1979 to Mid 1984 - model 12 and model 128
mid 1984 to present - model 12 xls and model 128 Hydrostatic

The other thing to look at when checking out a used mill is the teeth on the saw, if they look all burned and rounded that might mean the opperator doesn't know what he's doing in other asspects of the mill.  There are a lot of thing to look at!

sawmill john

Thank You Sponsors!