iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

why is it so hard to post pics?????????????

Started by stihlsaw066, November 18, 2011, 09:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandmill Bandit

Really? I used to have problems but it works pretty slick now. I have a Mac but dont think that makes  that much difference.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WDH

It is not really that hard.  Follow the tutorial and it will work out for you.  Don't give up.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

WH_Conley

I got some pics posted, then puter problems. Ever since this %#@^* thing came back from the shop I can not post a pic. Maybe the guy is trying to sell me a new one.
Bill

D Hagens

Quote from: Jeff on November 18, 2011, 10:09:13 PM
It's part of our natural selection process.

It's been a long and positive week :) Been happy and I come home, open the FF and read your reply Jeff and it put a big smile on my face :) 8)
I for one like the process of the picture posting, it's methodical and always works. I hope you keep it this way when you make changes to the forum :)

thecfarm

I will admit I had trouble too.But everyone should learn how to downsize pictures no matter what. Give us a shout we will gladly help you,just be nice and don't compare to other places.  ;D Set up an album or albums and the pictures will always be here. No dreaded red "X" on here. Go up to help on the top of the page and follow EVERY step and it will work fine.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

thecfarm

By the way,you have the hard part done. Just click onto your album,will be a bunch of thumb nail pictures,click onto the one you want.it will get bigger,than a little ways below the picture,in green,it will say clink here to add picture to your post,another window will come up,click OK and your are done. preview to see if you like it.I always like to hit the enter key once or twice to drop the picture away from the text. really helps when posting more than one picture to have some white space between the pictures.

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

quietrangr

I had problems to start with, and I think will continue to have problems if I don't stay practiced. Once you get the hang of it, it's not too bad. But with all due respect, and I hope no hard feelings, I wish they would get a different system.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

metalspinner

quietrangr,

Meet they. :D

Once you get intoa rhythm downsizing the pics, it really is a breeze.  All you need to do is practice. 

Now, let's see some more pics.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Buck

uh oh...boss sounds offended. look at that pic...he's not a they
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Mooseherder

I used to work for a Regional Director who retired about 13 years ago.
He had 45 years with the company and was a really good man to work with.
One of his pet peeves was new people who complained about something without knowing what had been sacrificed to get us where we were.  Something he said to me one day when he was dealing with a situation was this.  "people should have to have 10 years with us before they have any right to complain."

So to complain on the second post is probably the reason they could feel the way they do. ;D

Sprucegum

I recently sent some pictures to my Mother via e-mail. What a pain that was without the automatic down-sizer option like "They" provide us with here.  :)

Thanks again Jeff

John Mc

As for the reason why, as I understand it...

Forcing you to post pictures here in your gallery on FF and linking to those helps assure that they will be available for years to come. Allowing links to pictures on other sites risks having a blank or the dreaded red "X" you see on some other forums when a user drops their account, or clears things out because they are hitting their storage limits.

A couple of years ago, I was on a site dedicated to repair and maintenance of a certain type of antique ATV (kind of an amphibious precursor to today's Gater UTV). The site relied heavily on photos stored at an external site (I forget which). The photo storage service had been free. The service decided to start charging for storage. Many users dropped their accounts, and years worth of photos detailing repair procedures and modifications were at risk of being lost. (It touched off a flurry of downloading as people worked to preserve the history which had developed over the years. I believe most of the info way saved, but it was quite a hassle.)

John Mc
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Thank You Sponsors!