iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I'M BACK!!

Started by ARKANSAWYER, January 28, 2004, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARKANSAWYER

HOWDY EVERYONE!
 I am up and running again.   A very bad bug ate my puter and ruined my life.  If they catch the guy who writ that thing and sent it out I ask that they bring him here to the farm.  I will take photos and post them when I got done and I would wager that most would think twice about making bugs after veiwing.
   I lost alot of stuff and my e-mail account is not back up yet.  My business plan is gone that I have been working on for 3 weeks as well as alot of business stuff.  I did manage to save most of my photos.
  If you have sent me any thing in the last week or so it is gone.  I know Haytrader sent me a photo of a neat stock trailer and was wanting some oak flooring but I have lost it.  Maybe tomorrow I can get my e-mail account back up.
  Good to be home again.
ARKANSAWYER

ARKANSAWYER

Bibbyman

You were gone?   :D :D :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Paul_H

I wondered what happened.You started a thread about the weather awhile back and that was the last we saw of you.

Sorry about the computer crash.It happened to us once and there are somethings you don't get back again. ???
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Percy

Hey Ark.
Were you running Norton or some other protection system?. My old puter got eaten by some nasty thing this spring, I got the Norton Package for about $150.00 Canadian and havent had any prob's since. Hope there aint some new bug out thats gettin by these protection systems.

Anyhow, good to have you back, Now where's Bibby??
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Bibbyman

Hay Percy,  Just look up.. I may be slow but I'm ahead of you... ;)
Sawing since '94

Percy

QuoteHay Percy,  Just look up.. I may be slow but I'm ahead of you... ;)
Not as slow as me..heheh.  ;D ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

ARKANSAWYER

Paul
  I think you left the door open again because it sure got cold down here again.  This bug came in and ate right through Norton and any thing else with an .exe file.  It sent out 150 e-mails most quick and caused me alot of grif.
  It came in a file that looked like it was from MicroSoft and if you clicked any thing but delete it was to late.  I was one of the first to get it.
  Now please close that door!
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Paul_H

I did but the wind keeps blowing it open.

I don't know that much about viruses but was wondering...

If the next time I get an attachment that I know is a virus,could I safely rename it "my bank account information" and forward it to my Nigerian freinds that want to place millions of dollars in my account?

It would sure help me beat the winter blues.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

ARKANSAWYER

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D  Now I wished I had not destroyed that bug.  That would have been a good use for it.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

UNCLEBUCK

better be careful everyone, there is a new computer virus sweeping the world aiming for microsoft windows corporate but all i needed to hear was microsoft windows to scare me so I downloaded the latest stuff on my norton anti virus thing, heard about it on sunday night jan.25th , oh yeah welcome back arky !
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Larry

Glad to see you back Arky.  Guess quiet time is over. :D ;D :D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

OneWithWood

Glad to see you are back in circulation Arky.  My computer was crippled by a virus last December.  I ended up reformatting the hard drive and reinstalling everything to solve the problem.  Fortunately I am religious about making backups so my losses were minimal.

Backups are something we all know we should do but very few actually do them.

Paul, please brace that door better!  I have had all the winter I want for a while. :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

J_T

Was getting ready to take up for resque when I read on another site your puter was sick. :( I use Hot mail now and so far Bill has kept the bugs away. My puter just don't want to start sometimes so I havent shut it off in a while .Welcome home 8)
Jim Holloway

Gus

I was wondering where ya' went to Arky. Thought maybe you'd been abducted by space aliens or something. :o

Welcome back :)
"How do I know what I think unless I have seen what I say?"

Frickman

Welcome back Arkansawyer. Sorry to here about your virus. I thought you might have been helping Joey Lowe saw the wheels off his mill.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Haytrader

I thought he had been a bad boy and had lost his puter priveledges.

:D
Haytrader

dail_h

Welcome back Arky, Wonder what would'a happened if you had sent that thing to the " IRS "??? ;D ;D ;D
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

RevCant

Arky,
I just figured you had gone out and frozen to death or bought a new, non-orange mill and were just too embarrased to talk about it :D.  Good to have ya back.
If cows could only tail....

Fla._Deadheader

I figured maybe the Baker Boys had went and absconded with him ::) :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

shopteacher

If you sent that to the IRS they would spend a couple billion of your tax dollars figuring out that they couldn't figure out who created it,  then they come and take everything you own and ever will own because your the easiest one to make a scapegoat out of.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

AtLast

Welcome back Arky.....Im bettin ur wishin ya made a quiet re-entrence soes ya wuldnt be havin ta take all da stabs... :D....was wonderin myself how come I wasnt seein posts from ya....but look how ya stirred up the troops....dae ben itchin for someone ta pick on since the ole pumpkinhead got whipped on last.... ;D

Jeff

I think Arky spoke to soon. He plum disappeared agin. You fellas shoulda never mentioned the Eye-Are-you know what. They see everything! I think they might a nabbed him. Thats O.K., after about 20 minutes their sure to bring em back. ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bibbyman

Every time I check our e-mail account, there are several messages flagged as having a virus.  Most are marked "Hi!" or "Test" or "Hello" as the subject.   Probably blown away a dozen in the past two days.

When will they let up? >:(
Sawing since '94

Furby

I was reading in the paper about ...........hold on I'll get a link.  ;)

Link   ;D

3,216 e-mails with the worm in just 6 hours!  :o :o :o

ARKANSAWYER

I got my regular e-mail back up and had 157 e-mails of which most were returned bugs.  I did get 3 of the ones that look like from MS that got me sick to begin with.  Only got 10 today.  They are really wipping up a mess in our area.
  It is hard for some one to sneak up on me here at the farm as well as plenty of ridges for me to run off on.  Most of my kin have been making shine in these hills for a long time.  I noticed over in Newton county they busted up a few stills last month in the paper.  It has gotten so bad that if you buy a whole roll of copper tubing the hardware store reports it to the law.
  I got pulled over last week and my wife started in on me about my speeding around these hills.  Seems the Deptuy just needed some 18 ft 2x6's to fix a barn.  No ticket much to my wife's degust. ;D
ARKANSAWYER

Jason_WI

Y'all need to go out and buy a Mac now. I'm running on an iBook and a PowerMac G4 tower with OS 10.3. I have a P4 2.4GHz Willie Gates special puter for work and it's loaded with so much anti-virius stuff it slowes it down to 486 speeds :D :D.

Nobody writes viruses for the Mac anymore. Must figure that nobody uses them to make it worthwhile ;D ;D. Besides os 10.x has a Kernal for protection. Don't know if its Kernal Sanders with his 16 herbs and spices or what but nobody messes with da Kernal ;D ;D :D :D :D

Jason

Norwood LM2000, 20HP Honda, 3 bed extentions. Norwood Edgemate edger. Gehl 4835SXT

Steve

I'll pipe in here to totally agree with Jason on the Macs. I never have to pay the least bit of attention to all this virus stuff!
At one time they even came in Orange I think.

Steve
Hawaiian Hardwoods Direct
www.curlykoa.com

SwampDonkey

@ ArkanSawyer

Yes yesterday morning some horse's butt tried email bombing me with virus emails. But my antivirus software didn't allow any attachments to come off the server and my ISP canned the offending sender by blocking the sends. End result was no effect to my account or computer.

Sorry Bin-Laden, better luck next time  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

beenthere

Apparent virus-laden (suspicious to me anyway) e-mails received the last couple weeks that I have deleted without opening are:

"grmamoses@carolina.rr.com >              dear
"mary-jean-gross@email.msn.com >        moin
"nemitz@brainerd.net >                          Re:your archive
"billf52@hotmail.com  >                           Re:your music
"bjharrelson1@charter.net >                    Re:your discount
"hrwirka@hrwirka.com        >                  Re:Here
"jslone@uci.edu                   >                Re:your archive

Thought it might be interesting to others here, re: the sender and the subject line, and that each contained an attached document. I didn't open the e-mail to view the extension on the document. They went to the trash for deletion immediately. Haven't lost any sleep over thinking that any of them might have been something that I was looking for.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Furby

In the last few weeks I've gotten the "Your document" one twice, from different senders.
I NEVER get these type emails at this account.  :-/

Thank You Sponsors!