iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Home for my LT28

Started by WoodenHead, November 16, 2011, 08:26:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodenHead

We're not quite finished with it yet, but here is the beginning of the home for my LT28.  Very excited right now as things are coming together. :)

The lean-to on this part of my garage is about 41' long.  We welded some scrap 2"x2"x3/16" square tubing into trusses for long open spans (24' and 17' openings).  I bought some 4"x4" x 3/16" steel for posts.

We are also adding a 24' x 24' area for wood storage/drying.  It is not the ideal area for drying, but will do.  It will have access from essentially two sides with 19' and 23' openings.

The pictures aren't the best.  I'll post more when we're further along.  The other orange piece of equipment in the second picture is a Kubota L45 backhoe in case you are wondering. :)

Magicman

Wow, what a nice shed.  If you are gonna saw all of those logs in the background, you had better get busy.

Looks like you will need one of these for sawdust removal.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Wind_Knot

"The things I make may be for others, but how I make them is for me."

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Qweaver

My first saw was an LT15 and it loaded and discharged sawdust on the same side.  But my new LT28 loads and discharges on opposite sides.  So I had to build a shed that was open on both sides to easily clean-up the sawdust and load logs.
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

WoodenHead

Sawdust management is one thing we did consider.  Ultimately I would like to end up with a dust collector attached to the mill, but for now my off-bearer came up with a relatively cheap solution.  It won't catch all the sawdust, but helps with the bulk of it.  There is enough room for me to walk comfortably beside the mill.

We used some left-over 10" x 1" pine for side boards and 1/2" scrap plywood for the bottom.  It runs the length of the mill (24') and is just wide enough for me to get a shovel in there.  It will fill up rather quickly, but that will force us to keep things tidy.  My 7 year old son is excited to help out. :)

zopi

Line the bottom of that with metal and run a drag chain down the middle of it...ramp the thing up at the curvature of the drag and let it discharge into a dump cart or pickup bed or something...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

TimGA

TK2000, Kubota L3130GST, grapple, pallet forks, 2640 Massey w/loader (The Beast) Husky saws Logrites One man operation some portable most stationary.

thecfarm

Looks like the logs are stacking up behind you.  ;D  Some things may not be right,but as you saw you can redo them or add something to the process.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Woodchuck53

Morning Newbee. You could also drop and electric motor driven auger in that trough and move the dust out of your way. Old combine augers work well for this.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

Thank You Sponsors!