iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Next Best Thing!

Started by Roxie, November 14, 2011, 10:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roxie

Have you ever been so excited about something that you couldn't wait for more information or pictures to post about it?   :D

Cowboy Bob's brother, who only lives six miles from us, bought a MILL!!  It's the next best thing to owning one ourselves!  Of course, I hit CB with a hundred questions the minute he came in the door and told me, none of which he could answer! 

CB did tell me that when his brother showed him his new (used) piece of equipment, CB told him, "This could be trouble, Roxie might move into the barn with it." 

If CB gets home before dark, he's gonna take me over and see the new addition!

Pictures will be forthcoming!   8)
Say when

Meadows Miller

Gday

Roxie I have My own mills but I always get excited for someone who gets one too  and Im looking forward to the pics ;) ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Magicman

This is exciting.   smiley_bouncing_pinky smiley_bounce  A new baby in the family.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

jueston

now you just need to cut down a few trees and have him come over. then you can get a feel for it before you buy your own....

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Is he a member on The Forum? I always like to know,what's the plan for all of the lumber?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Norm

Now you can order that pink logrite peavy!

Can't wait to see what he got, get some pics if you have time.

mad murdock

Can't wait to see what's coming! ??? ???
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

fishpharmer

Great news!!
Are there many "hurricane" logs still available in your area?
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Roxie

It's a Norwood 2000!   8)

His property has about 15 acres in trees, and after the hurricane and other damaging storms, he decided to get the mill for his projects.  He's got a very nice horse barn under construction right now. 

I told him about the forum, and warned him about getting sawdust in his blood, but he said that it was too late.  After fiddling around with some pine, he got some oak, and now he's a goner!  He's already talking about getting a bigger mill.   :D

Say when

Woodchuck53

Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

Magicman

Roxie, must be nice having a new nephew named "Norwood".   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Roxie

I already love him, as if he was my own.   :D
Say when

Coon

I have your nephews long lost cousin.... and boy that litlle bugger likes to eat..... but for some reason he just chews and spits backs up.  I just have to keep feeding him to try and figure this out.   ;)  Do you reckon if'n you can help me out with this one?   :D 
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

SwampDonkey

Maybe you can have the mill shed built over at your place Roxie, since he's busy with a horse barn. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!