iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Electric Kiln Question

Started by cubdriver55, November 13, 2011, 10:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubdriver55

I know it is very expensive to operate but can anyone tell me if it is possible to build a ki;n put of a well insulated box 12 x7x7 using an electric heater? would this work for a one time use and if so what would I need to build it?

Den Socling

I would think that a baseboard heater would last for a few loads. In fact, the case would get ugly fast but the fin tube might last a long time. How many watts do you need? That would really depend on what you are drying and how long you want to spend.

woodmills1

see my for sale ad for electric kilns
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

zopi

Home electrical appliances are not going to stand up to the environment of a kiln...why not go solar amd save some bucks?
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

cubdriver55

I allready have the insulated box and I am just wanting to dry some pine siding right now. I can only use it in the winter so solar would not work. I only plan to do 2 loads for now. I was going to use a 4500 watt 220 volt heater and perhaps 4 household box fans. what type of control would I need to vent out the moisture and where can I get it?  Any idea what temp I should run this at and how long it would take for 4/4 pine?    Thanks  Steve

woodmills1

again  take a look at my ad

they have the heaters controllers fans and vents and cheap
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!