iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Modifications on my TimberKing B-20

Started by Paper Maker, November 13, 2011, 08:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paper Maker

Well since I'm down and out with neck surgery for the next few weeks I thought it would be a good time for me to show some of the mods I made on my B-20. Whenever making cuts using the magnetic tape I found it hard to keep up with the addition of kerf. So I came up with a system that would have kerf factored in and I could also use the magnetic tape.

This Pic shows the rollpin that keeps the square tubing lined up and in place.

Backside of scale adjustment.

This was one of those things that was a pain to build (especially all the lines), but was worth it when I got threw. For me it has made cutting much faster. For instance  If you need to turn your cant to make a cut you can let your red peg hold your place. Then use the black one on the other side. When you flip it back the red peg still has your place.

sgschwend

That looks ..... beautiful!

Anything that minimizes confusion can be a big help.
Steve Gschwend

sjgschwend@gmail.com

eastberkshirecustoms

Nice work. I really like that setup. Could you elaborate a little more?  It looks like you have scales on the 4 sides of the tubing and you rotate it to the face you want. When rotating, do you have to move the pointers out of the way so the corners of the sq. tubing do not hit? Also, what holds your pointers in position? So many questions because I want to 'steal' you idea ;)

ladylake

Looks good but get those setworks working, most times I only use my gauge when starting the top of the cant.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Paper Maker

Quote from: eastberkshirecustoms on November 14, 2011, 02:11:20 PM
Nice work. I really like that setup. Could you elaborate a little more?  It looks like you have scales on the 4 sides of the tubing and you rotate it to the face you want. When rotating, do you have to move the pointers out of the way so the corners of the sq. tubing do not hit? Also, what holds your pointers in position? So many questions because I want to 'steal' you idea ;)

Yes there is a different scale on each side of the square tubing. All I have to do is turn it a 1/4 turn and it drops in a slot. As far as the pointers all I have to do is loosen the red or black knob position it and tighten.

Paper Maker

Quote from: ladylake on November 14, 2011, 06:30:29 PM

Looks good but get those setworks working, most times I only use my gauge when starting the top of the cant.   Steve
I wish I could get the setworks working; but my mill didn't have any when I bought it.

TimGA

Mr Papermaker, have you tried calling TK talk w/Jason or Mike in service I would think they should be able to get you up and running with Setworks. I have a TK2000 had a few issues w/Setworks, some TK's problem, some mine, would not be without them. I know my Setworks is different than a B20 but I am sure they can get you one. Very nice work on your scale. Tim
TK2000, Kubota L3130GST, grapple, pallet forks, 2640 Massey w/loader (The Beast) Husky saws Logrites One man operation some portable most stationary.

Thank You Sponsors!