iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

No Decoder Ring

Started by DR_Buck, January 27, 2004, 06:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR_Buck

After a few weeks I think I figured out most of how this forum works.   However, without the secret decoder ring, I have not been able to figure out everything.  :-/

What do the green trees mean in the member information area?  Why do some have more than others?   ???

What are the differences between member catagories such as; member, full member, etc?  And, what does the +2 mean?  ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Jeff

You have only 12 posts. Thats like not even getting the box of crackerjacks opened yet. and wanting to know what the surprize is. ;D

You get trees by participation. The more posts, the more trees and the different membergroup name. At certain levels you earn access to things that you dont know exist yet. When you get to a point, we swing a gate open and letcha in. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Dr-Buck,
The trees and the names, with the exception of some special ones, have to do with how active a poster you have been.  the more you post the faster your forest grows and the more of the hidden forum shows up on your screen. ;D

Some of the names are associated with forestry or forum jobs or volunteer work, like Forester and Administrator.  Some are jokes that go Wa-a-a-a-a-ay back.  :D

Jeff

like woodmills999. Hes a joke that goes W--aa---yyy back.

Jeff

VA-Sawyer

DR_Buck,
I haven't been given a decoder ring myself, but I did see one once here on the forum. The green trees show how much fertilizer you have spread, er, I mean..... how many posts you have made.  No one lured me with the magic gate..... Didn't even know about it till Jeff opened it for me this month.  It's cool   8)  From the sounds of it, there may be more than one gate.... Is there more than one Jeff ?
Speaking of trees...have you planted yours on the member map and filled in you bio info?   You hadn't the last time I looked.  The invite is still open...... maybe you and Kurt can come on the same day. We'll have a meeting of the Mid-Atlantic FF Chapter.  :D
VA-Sawyer

VA-Sawyer

Well, I see that you planted your tree, but no bio info yet.
Hey, if your history is boring, just lie like the rest of us did !  :o
VA-Sawyer

Jeff

Yea, you should read mine. :D

DanG

Hey VA_Sawyer!  Y'all cookin' a pig at yer Mid-Atlantic shindig? ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

DR_Buck

::)

OK,  I got the hint.    Profile has been updated.  I even made up a bio.   Could hardly believe it all myself.  Especially that part about inventing the internet and the wheel.  ;D

8) 8)

VA-Sawyer

DanG,
That depends.....are you going to bring one ?  ;D

Jeff, can we borrow your piggy roaster if DanG donates a little porker to the cause ? Oh, yea.... I read you bio... now I know where you had all the time to become a computer whiz. I'm a pretty serious reader, but you make me look like a party animal.

VA-Sawyer

SasquatchMan

If y'all are roasting, i know this fantastic bourbon glaze... :D

Welcome aboard, DR
Senior Member?  That's funny.

DanG

VA, the only piggy I have available right now weighs in at about 800 lbs.
I do have this billy goat that I'd be willing to donate to the cause. Sasquatch, we wouldn't need the bourbon glaze for that. The billy goat is "self-basting." ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Swede

Dr. Buck;

I had the same wondering reading I´ve been a "Full member" Is there a party going on? Time for a happy evning in the town?  A bus loaded with beer and girls coming to my bachelor nest?
It didn´t take so long of thinking before I get it was even better! :) :) :)
I wont get worried before I can read "As Full Member".

Swede.

PS. Full= drunk in Swedish.
       Asfull=badly druk.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

RavioliKid

Hey, I just checked out my profile and I see I have been a member for more than 1200 days! Wow!

I think a ForestryForum decoder ring sounds like a swell idea! And just after that, we need a secret sign and handshake.

RavioliKid

woodmills1

special names are for those who look good. :D :D DanG good :D :D remember stinky peterson???? :D :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Mark M

Hey I remember dat Stinky Peterson fella ;)

He's a nice guy!

Stephen_Wiley

Hey Stinky,

Ifn, you don't stop refusing to take a bath soon........yer gonna freeze in them California shorts.  :D :D :D :D
" If I were two faced, do you think I would be wearing this one?"   Abe Lincoln

shopteacher

I'd gladly donate one of our pigs, but if'n you roasted it I think the foam stuffing would melt. And don't get no idears about old Butch, he's to tuff anywho.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

DR_Buck

OK   so what are the milestones that allow you to move up?   Went to read a post tonight  that looked interesting only to find it "moved to the full member section" :(  Can't even find any kind of help section that explains what a "full member" is. :P

BW_Williams

50 post and no detention may get ya a decoder ring (or maybe member status)  BWW
Support your local Volunteer Fire Dept.  (not by accident)
Support your local Ski Patrol (by snowboarding:)
Mayor of Millerdale, Washington, USA (by God)!

Thank You Sponsors!