iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT40 wheels

Started by Peder McElroy, November 13, 2011, 11:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peder McElroy

Can anyone tell me how tight or loose the (belts or tires) be on the band wheels?
Thanks for all the help,I'll be up to speed on this mill soon. I'am looking forward to milling .
Thanks
Peder

Chuck White

Hello Peder

The standard belt for use on the LT40 band wheels is a B57.

It will fit a little loose and that is supposed to prevent sawdust buildup underneath.

Some sawyers don't like the loose fit, so they use B56 belts.

It's all a personal preference, but the book says B57.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Peder McElroy

Magicman

BUT, only use B57's from Wood-Mizer.  Sure, others will work, but theirs are specially designed and manufactured for blade use.  They are flat on top rather than crowned.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Quote from: Magicman on November 13, 2011, 02:52:44 PM
BUT, only use B57's from Wood-Mizer.  Sure, others will work, but theirs are specially designed and manufactured for blade use.  They are flat on top rather than crowned.

Oops! Forgot to mention that.  :-[

Yes, by all means get the ones made for Wood-Mizer!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Peder McElroy

Thanks they worked great!! I just was not sure of them being lose. ther are 57s.
Cut my first wood today, What fun. Until I blew a hd line on the log loader , I have a forklift but was just trying out everything.
Photos tomorrow.

Magicman

If a line blew, it needed replacing anyway.  I'm afraid that I have a couple that needs replacing.  The steel webbing is rusting through the outer coating.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!