iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT40 to go with my Lucas 6-18 and Belsaw M24

Started by Peder McElroy, November 13, 2011, 12:19:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peder McElroy

I just got a used LT40 woodmizer and it all works but no power ( electric) to the Hydraulic's ? anyone have any ideas I could ckeck.

zopi

Probably bad conntections, make sure the battery is not toast, clean all the connections feeding the hyd pump unit, clean the contact strips on the main tube to ensure that the battery gets recharged...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

ladylake

And i need a Lucas 618 to go with my B20, good move.     Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Chuck White

Congratulations on the Wood-Mizer purchase.

I'm sure you'll love it.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

MartyParsons

Hello,
a 12 v  test light will help. Start at the battery, check the connections and the fuse in the small box right of the battery. If it is a later HD there is a solenoid in the fuse box. Early HD did not have them. Then move to the contact and the stip on the side of the mill. It is the black strip bolted to the mill with a brass piece in the middle. Should be power all all locations. Inside the hydraulic pump box there is also a solenoid. If you have power here to this point there is a micro switch here that controls the solenoid.
Most common is just adjust the contact to the right of the fuse. This contact is on springs and keeps pressure on the black strip.
There is also a ground brush under the battery box that need to be making good contact.

Sorry this is a quickie. I got to go.
Hope this helps.
ask me more and I can fill in where I missed a few things.

Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Slingshot

Being new to the Hydraulic mill I suppose you do know that the mill head has
to be at the front 6 feet of the rail so there is contact with the brass strip for
there to be power to the hyd pump....

Peder McElroy

Thanks , I had the mill head in the wrong place. This form is great along with the members.

Thank You Sponsors!