iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What is this early spring flower? Bloodroot

Started by SwampDonkey, January 27, 2004, 05:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Id this early spring flower of cool, moist, rich woods.

:P
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tom

It looks like chickweed but being as  how you are way up on the east coast,  Bloodroot seems to be a better guess.

tshanefreeman

I can see why Tom though chickweed, for the flower seems rather comparable.  However, the foliage is far to lobbed for the narrow-leaved species that I'm familiar with.

The plant also resembles Goldthread (Coptis trifolia).  But I can't really tell what size the plant is in your first picture.
T. Shane Freeman
Total Landscape Solutions
...Providing Professional Tree Care Services, Landscape Design & Installation, and Turfgrass Management.

...Helping Canadians Preserve Their Investment.

SwampDonkey

@ Tom

You guessd it, and it does grow in Northern Florida by the way ;)

Blood root  Sanguinaria canadensis

sorry for the quality in the first picture, but that's what happens with scaling and compression.

Thank You Sponsors!