iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What's your favorite breakfast?

Started by Norm, November 12, 2011, 06:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

We normally have bacon and eggs with homemade muffin bread toast. I'd like to get some variety so was wondering what others suggest.

Mooseherder

Blueberry Pancakes piled high with butter and syrup. :)
When we come across good berries at the store we'll freeze them in ziplocs for future use in the pancakes.
Blueberries are always in the shopping basket every week but all berries are not created equal.

I'm the omelette maker here.  Sauteed onions, green peppers, mushrooms, ham and cheese.
Everyone else in the family just wants a cheese omelette.

zopi

Biscuits and sausage gravy with hasbrown cheese casserole..coffee amd oj.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Gary_C

Glass of OJ and a small bowl of rasin bran flakes with low fat milk.  ;D

Oh, you said "favorite."   That's my only breakfast.  ::)

But I'm happy to say that my grandson, who is here 4 days of the week for daycare also wants "what grandpa has" for breakfast. He probably likes it because for convenience I've given up buying rasins and putting them on top of bran flakes. Unfortunately all manufacturers of ready mixed rasin bran sugar coat their rasins.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Holmes

I like lots of maple syrup with a piece of french toast  8)
Think like a farmer.

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

LeeB

Three over easy, hash browns, home cured bacon sliced thick, biscuits and sausage gravy, OJ and a frosty glass of milk.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

WH_Conley

Biscuits and gravy, fried potatoes, bacon, country eggs and a few Jalapeno's on the side.
Bill

LeeB

I have a bowl of Vietnamese noodle soup every morning for breakfast over here at work. I would never have guessed that what I enjoyed so many times for dinner out in the Vietnamese resteraunts at home was actually breakfast fare.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

metalspinner

Waffles or pancakes covered with pecans and coffee.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

beenthere

Steak and eggs, with unbuttered whole wheat bread..........favorite.
Normal everyday is a diet pepsi and almonds.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

D Hagens

Over here, if it's not too burnt I will eat breakfast, never really know what it is till I cut in to it :D

NOW at my cabin it's a different story :)

Wake up with the sun, go outside and get the fire going, off the grid so no power :)

Fires sparked up, crack a cold beer and start preparing the morning food :)

Cut up venison, onions, potatoes, celery, mix up eggs, spices and salsa. I then pour it all it to a stainless dish, double wrap it all with tinfoil (think I've cracked another beer by now) and then I stuff it in to the bottom of the fire and sit and let the smells drift around the place :)

By the time Darla drags her butt outta bed everything is ready and it's got to be the best breakfast a guy could ask for :)

This was one of her little fires, always have to add to it before any real cooking is done 8)

Now if I could bring this over

and plug it in to a tree me thinks I would be a very happy man 8)

Roxie

My very favorite is eggs, ham, and grits with red-eye gravy with biscuits

or

pinto's and sausage with cornbread

Thanks Norm, now I'm hungry!   :D
Say when

sawguy21

Breakfast sausage and free range eggs over easy with toast, oj and lots of black coffee. When we were in Reno I discovered huevos rancheros, now that was GOOD but we can't find them here. Gotta learn how to make them properly.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

CHARLIE

2 eggs over-light, Grits with butter, a meat (thick sliced smoked bacon, fried ham, spicey hot patty sausage, spicey hot large link sausage, scrapple), biscuits or blueberry muffins and copius amounts of coffee with a lot of black in it.

Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Paul_H

I like a couple eggs over easy with bacon or ham and toast or grits or another favourite is a few pancakes,butter and maple syrup and over easy eggs on top with lots of bacon and coffee.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

WDH

Eggs over easy with grits, fried pork steak, melted sharp cheddar cheese, blueberry muffins or biscuits with honey, and grape juice.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Fried eggs,4-6,real runny;I want them nice and white,don't be cooking them in bacon grease, some sort of meat,steak,bacon or sausage is fine, a good size dopple of jam on the side,at least 4 pieces of toast,coffee and OJ. I like to go outside and work for awhile and come in at 9 and eat the above.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Norm

Since we are trying to cut some weight our breakfast is scaled back but my favorite would be 2 over easy fried in bacon fat, thick sliced bacon, hash browns, a sirloin steak and homemade toast.

Now you see why I'm trying to cut some weight.  :D

LeeB

Every once in a while I like to butter fry some day old corn bread and have that with honey on it and a big glass of milk.

Burlkraft

Fresh ground corned beef hash fried on a griddle with 2 over easy eggs in top!
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Roxie

If you are eating light, then my favorite would be homemade (or Greek) yogurt with blackberries and walnuts. 
Say when

CHARLIE

Every once in a while I enjoy a stack of pancakes or several French Toasts for breakfast.  I like to pour a bunch of 100% pure cane syrup over them too, which I prefer over maple syrup.  Sometimes I'll mix some honey in with my cane syrup. That is very good. My second choice is Alaga syrup (brand name), which is cane syrup with a little bit of corn syrup mixed in.  When Tom and I were growing up we drank what our Granddaddy called Sweeten Water.  It was a glass of water with some cane syrup mixed in to sweeten it.  We enjoyed tall cool glasses of Sweeten Water in the summertime.  Sweeten Water is what the people in Georgia and Alabama drank back in the late 1800s before they had soda pop to drink.  They were a hard working lot and Granddaddy said it gave them quick energy when working in the fields during the hot summer days. So two thumbs up for cane syrup.   
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

CHARLIE

Charlie

Thank You Sponsors!