iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What's your favorite breakfast?

Started by Norm, November 12, 2011, 06:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

We normally have bacon and eggs with homemade muffin bread toast. I'd like to get some variety so was wondering what others suggest.

Mooseherder

Blueberry Pancakes piled high with butter and syrup. :)
When we come across good berries at the store we'll freeze them in ziplocs for future use in the pancakes.
Blueberries are always in the shopping basket every week but all berries are not created equal.

I'm the omelette maker here.  Sauteed onions, green peppers, mushrooms, ham and cheese.
Everyone else in the family just wants a cheese omelette.

zopi

Biscuits and sausage gravy with hasbrown cheese casserole..coffee amd oj.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Gary_C

Glass of OJ and a small bowl of rasin bran flakes with low fat milk.  ;D

Oh, you said "favorite."   That's my only breakfast.  ::)

But I'm happy to say that my grandson, who is here 4 days of the week for daycare also wants "what grandpa has" for breakfast. He probably likes it because for convenience I've given up buying rasins and putting them on top of bran flakes. Unfortunately all manufacturers of ready mixed rasin bran sugar coat their rasins.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Holmes

I like lots of maple syrup with a piece of french toast  8)
Think like a farmer.

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

LeeB

Three over easy, hash browns, home cured bacon sliced thick, biscuits and sausage gravy, OJ and a frosty glass of milk.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

WH_Conley

Biscuits and gravy, fried potatoes, bacon, country eggs and a few Jalapeno's on the side.
Bill

LeeB

I have a bowl of Vietnamese noodle soup every morning for breakfast over here at work. I would never have guessed that what I enjoyed so many times for dinner out in the Vietnamese resteraunts at home was actually breakfast fare.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

metalspinner

Waffles or pancakes covered with pecans and coffee.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

beenthere

Steak and eggs, with unbuttered whole wheat bread..........favorite.
Normal everyday is a diet pepsi and almonds.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

D Hagens

Over here, if it's not too burnt I will eat breakfast, never really know what it is till I cut in to it :D

NOW at my cabin it's a different story :)

Wake up with the sun, go outside and get the fire going, off the grid so no power :)

Fires sparked up, crack a cold beer and start preparing the morning food :)

Cut up venison, onions, potatoes, celery, mix up eggs, spices and salsa. I then pour it all it to a stainless dish, double wrap it all with tinfoil (think I've cracked another beer by now) and then I stuff it in to the bottom of the fire and sit and let the smells drift around the place :)

By the time Darla drags her butt outta bed everything is ready and it's got to be the best breakfast a guy could ask for :)

This was one of her little fires, always have to add to it before any real cooking is done 8)

Now if I could bring this over

and plug it in to a tree me thinks I would be a very happy man 8)

Roxie

My very favorite is eggs, ham, and grits with red-eye gravy with biscuits

or

pinto's and sausage with cornbread

Thanks Norm, now I'm hungry!   :D
Say when

sawguy21

Breakfast sausage and free range eggs over easy with toast, oj and lots of black coffee. When we were in Reno I discovered huevos rancheros, now that was GOOD but we can't find them here. Gotta learn how to make them properly.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

CHARLIE

2 eggs over-light, Grits with butter, a meat (thick sliced smoked bacon, fried ham, spicey hot patty sausage, spicey hot large link sausage, scrapple), biscuits or blueberry muffins and copius amounts of coffee with a lot of black in it.

Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Paul_H

I like a couple eggs over easy with bacon or ham and toast or grits or another favourite is a few pancakes,butter and maple syrup and over easy eggs on top with lots of bacon and coffee.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

WDH

Eggs over easy with grits, fried pork steak, melted sharp cheddar cheese, blueberry muffins or biscuits with honey, and grape juice.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Fried eggs,4-6,real runny;I want them nice and white,don't be cooking them in bacon grease, some sort of meat,steak,bacon or sausage is fine, a good size dopple of jam on the side,at least 4 pieces of toast,coffee and OJ. I like to go outside and work for awhile and come in at 9 and eat the above.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Norm

Since we are trying to cut some weight our breakfast is scaled back but my favorite would be 2 over easy fried in bacon fat, thick sliced bacon, hash browns, a sirloin steak and homemade toast.

Now you see why I'm trying to cut some weight.  :D

LeeB

Every once in a while I like to butter fry some day old corn bread and have that with honey on it and a big glass of milk.

Burlkraft

Fresh ground corned beef hash fried on a griddle with 2 over easy eggs in top!
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Roxie

If you are eating light, then my favorite would be homemade (or Greek) yogurt with blackberries and walnuts. 
Say when

CHARLIE

Every once in a while I enjoy a stack of pancakes or several French Toasts for breakfast.  I like to pour a bunch of 100% pure cane syrup over them too, which I prefer over maple syrup.  Sometimes I'll mix some honey in with my cane syrup. That is very good. My second choice is Alaga syrup (brand name), which is cane syrup with a little bit of corn syrup mixed in.  When Tom and I were growing up we drank what our Granddaddy called Sweeten Water.  It was a glass of water with some cane syrup mixed in to sweeten it.  We enjoyed tall cool glasses of Sweeten Water in the summertime.  Sweeten Water is what the people in Georgia and Alabama drank back in the late 1800s before they had soda pop to drink.  They were a hard working lot and Granddaddy said it gave them quick energy when working in the fields during the hot summer days. So two thumbs up for cane syrup.   
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Paul_H

CHARLIE

Charlie

Patty

Roxie's Greek yogurt is wonderful! I like the Brown Cow Greek yogurt you can buy at Sam's Club. My favorites are blueberry & strawberry.   Yummy!   :)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

CHARLIE

I like yogurt for a snack. I've heard of Greek Yogurt but never had any.  Patty, what is the difference between Greek Yogurt and regular yogurt?  Also, sometimes, I like to mix vanilla yogurt into a bowl of Grapenuts cereal for breakfast. That's gooood.
Charlie

D Hagens

Here's another fav of mine, poached eggs on toast with salsa on top :) Suxs that we only could get white bread at the store though ::)

The apple cider is an accent plus it's really good for D as she's sick.

Roxie

Charlie, yogurt with grapenuts is wonderful! 

Real Greek yogurt is made with sheep or goat milk.  Here in the US, most of Greek yogurt is labeled, "Greek Style" which means that cows milk was used.  The primary difference though is that the whey is strained out of Greek yogurt and the result is a remarkably creamy and rich texture that is thicker than regular yogurt. 
Say when

Magicman

My "normal" breakfast is my mixture of Raisin Bran, Smart Start, Honey Bunches of Oats, Cheerios, and Craisins with 1% milk.

Friday morning, I fixed Radar67 scrambled eggs, link sausage, & biscuits.  He also likes coffee.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pappy19

3 eggs over easy(real easy), 6 strips of crispy cooked bacon, big bowl of http://www.fallsmill.com/store.html , grits and 2-3 baking powder biscuits, butter and homemade huckleberry jam. Then nap til noon!!
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

schakey

Eggs,bacon or sasuage,hash browns,coffee
or french toast,hash browns
can eat breakfast 3 times a day sketti_1
(Really any breakfast food cooked-not cold)
Think-Dream-Plan-Do

LeeB

I think my favorite breakfast will be Friday. I'll be home withmy sweetie then. 8)

D Hagens

Quote from: LeeB on November 18, 2011, 07:43:29 AM
I think my favorite breakfast will be Friday. I'll be home withmy sweetie then. 8)

Now that's the best breakfast a guy could ever have :)

CHARLIE

D Hagens' picture jogged my memory of a breakfast I've enjoyed since childhood. I've fixed it for my children and my grandchildren.  It's "Egg in the Hole".  Just tear a yolk sized hole in the center of a slice of bread. Butter the bread on both sides, including the little piece you tore out.  Put the bread in the skillet and break and egg over it so the yolk goes into the hole. Fry it the way you like it. Also toast that little piece you tore out of the hole too.  It's a great breakfast with a side of thick sliced crispy bacon.

My wife and I have argued over the name of it for 43 years. She calls it a "Bird in a Nest".  There ain't no bird and their ain't no nest but there is a hole and there is and egg. DanG she's a stubborn woman. ;D
Charlie

Jeff

CHARLIE, we call that a "toad in the hole."

My favorite breakfast is blueberry pancakes with either sausage from the place we get the pigroast pig, or venison bacon from burlkraft.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WildDog

QuoteShe calls it a "Bird in a Nest".  

We BBQ steak about 4 nights a week and my 5yr old with out fail has his "Eggy Bread"

My breakfast is 5-10 weetbixs in milk, vegemite on toast and glass of OJ. Except Sunday morning when we have thick cut bacon from the local butcher and our free range eggs. When the older boys were at home they regularly made pancakes with maple syrup, I don't go much on sweet food in the morning.

There's one breakfast I remember above all, I am pretty sure it was as good as I recall :). I was 18yrs old and could normally eat a horse, we came in from 2 weeks working and camping in the bush and hit this big town called "Cunamulla" at 6:00am starving but cashed up. I was fueling up the Toyota while my mate Brad was in getting friendly with the waitress. Anyway breakfast came out, on massive plates 1x fillet steak, 4 lamb loin chops, 2 snags, 2 eggs, toast, bacon and a plate of fries each + a jug of ice cold chocolate milk. 8)  We had that same breakfast 3 days in a row while Brad and the waitresses friendship ran its course ;) then we headed to the coast.  
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

Mike@Norwood

Charlie, My grandmother called it "eggs in a basket". I haven't had that in many years . In fact, I think I might make it for my kids tomorrow morning. Thanks for the idea.

Give me any kind of eggs and I'm good. Throw in some cheese (with anything) and I'm a happy camper. 

BTW, can you keep a secret? I think this "food, food, food" section is tied with "sawmills and milling" as my favorite category on the forum .shhhh  :-X

Norm

Your secrets safe with us Mike...well and maybe just a couple hundred thousand others.  :D

Jeff, what's venison bacon?

Mike@Norwood

For those who like pancakes and bananas, I highly recommend trying this recipe that I found online.

Ingredients
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 ripe bananas, mashed (mash them in a ziplock bag)

Directions
1. Combine flour, white sugar, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together egg, milk, vegetable oil and bananas.

2. Stir flour mixture into banana mixture; batter will be slightly lumpy.

3. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides; serve hot.

The recipe is pretty versitile and can be changed to your liking.

I hope you enjoy them as much as my daughter does.

They're so simple to make and unbelievably moist, and tasty pancakes.

Mike@Norwood

Thanks Norm,  I knew you all could be trusted  ;)

The only downfall to this food,food, food section is that I find myself drooling on a regular basis., especially the bbq posts. Man, I'm going to miss Summer.

It's a good thing I live in Buffalo,NY where we have such short, and mild winters   :D

LeeB

Is Summer someone that cooks your BBQ for you? Don't let the seasons slow you down. The pit will fire up anytime of the year.

Radar67

Eggs, bacon, sausage, and biscuit over an open fire in the middle of the woods with your brothers. ;)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

sawguy21

Toad in the hole. ;D I had forgotten how much we enjoyed that as kids.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Corley5

Three egg, ham, American cheese and mushroom omelette with sides of hashbrowns, link or patty sausage, whole wheat toast with strawberry jam, tall glass of tomato juice with ample black pepper stirred in, ice water and possibly coffee  :) ;D :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

CLL

Three eggs over easy, country ham, hash browns, biscuits & gravy with a side order of flap jacks. Plenty of milk.
Too much work-not enough pay.

D Hagens

Well here's something to add to this thread, more of a question but here it goes.
While we're speaking of breakfast do any of you guys cook up a good breakfast late at night?
Most people kick back with a bag of chips or something fattening, I tend to fry up some bacon and eggs :)
What do you guys do?

WildDog

Crumpets are usually a breakfast meal but we like to kick back when the littleuns go to bed with crumpets and honey in winter and a mango  in summer.
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

thecfarm

I have ate breakfast at night for supper. The way the wife feeds me,I'm not looking for a snack around 8 at night.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

LeeB

Quote from: D Hagens on November 19, 2011, 12:30:05 AM

Most people kick back with a bag of chips or something fattening, I tend to fry up some bacon and eggs :)
What do you guys do?

Glad to know fried bacn and eggs ain't fattening.  :D We eat breakfst for supper on a regular basis. Sometimes the fried eggs route and sometimes omlettes. Even pancakes on the rare occasion.

Norm

One of my favorite breakfast meals for supper is sausage gravy and biscuits. I take an over easy egg to top the biscuits and gravy. I actually prefer to make this in the evening. It's such a heavy meal I don't need a snack and I just lie on the couch and groan how I wish I hadn't eaten so much.  :D

WH_Conley

That's not a heavy meal Norm. It gets heavy when my wife fixes breakfast for supper, you can tell where I sit at the table, that is where the plate is replaced with a meat platter. ;D
Bill

Texas Ranger

Well, y'all, my favorite breakfast is, what ever is on the table.  Usually a cafe table.  And what ever has coffee.

But, that being said, this morning was deer sausage. eggs. coffee, and a muffin with peanut butter and honey.

Fixed for me, by me, which is the case when the wife is off taking care of family business. 

No grits.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Paul_H

Pancakes,bacon and eggs were a regular supper time meal when we were growing up and was a favourite for us all.We still enjoy it now with our own families.
This morning's breakfast was a 1/2 pound of bacon and fried ham with eggs over easy and grits with butter and a ice cold glass of milk followed by good hot,black coffee.

WildDog

Today is Sunday, family day, my 5yr old and I went out and set yabby/crayfish traps this morning for lunch, got back home 10am to BBQ bacon and eggs, its about as classy as I get for breakfast but it fills the spot. Looking forward to a late lunch of crayfish, Angus and I will ride out this afternoon and pull the 1st traps of the season :) :)

CHARLIE

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Egg in the hole!  That's what I'll have in the morning! 8)
Charlie

Norm

WD that's a great looking breakfast.  I'd love to hear more about the crayfish hunting. If you have a chance grab the camera and show us how it's done in your area.  :)

CHARLIE

Paul_H, it warms my heart knowing that you enjoy eating grits. You're a smart and wise man.  8)   
Charlie

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

madmari

Bannock, straight up, drowning in maple syrup, 4 eggs fried easy, sausage, juice, jalepenos and a cigarette with coffee. Plan my day.
I know why dogs stick thier head out the car window.

Norm

Boy I haven't heard of bannock bread in ages madmari. Used to be a staple camping as kids.

Raider Bill

Quote from: madmari on December 06, 2011, 08:01:27 PM
Bannock, straight up, drowning in maple syrup, 4 eggs fried easy, sausage, juice, jalepenos and a cigarette with coffee. Plan my day.

I had to look bannock bread up never heard of it before.

WD we call that eggs in a blanket.

scsmith42

Norm, my favorite breakfast is farm eggs (sunny side up or over easy), hash browns (the shredded type, not cubed), nice thick piece of NY strip steak cooked medium rare, fresh biscuits with real butter and honey or fresh preserves, and a couple of buttermilk pancakes on the side with real maple syrup.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

CHARLIE

I've never heard of Bannock Bread.  It looks to be much like Irish Soda Bread except it uses baking powder.  I'm going to make some of this tomorrow morning. I have a friend coming to return my bench planer and visit over copious amounts of coffee.  It'll be a good chance to give it a try. 8)
Charlie

Norm

Scott you an I would get along just great traveling together...course we'd gain a few pounds though.  :D

CHARLIE

I found several recipes for Bannock Bread on the internet.  This morning I fixed a loaf using a recipe that had a little sugar in it.  Plus, I added some currants and raisens.  My friend came over about 9 this morning to return my bench planer and I served him coffee and Bannock Bread.  It was excellent and easy to fix!  I'll fix it again sometime soon too. 8)
Charlie

scsmith42

Quote from: Norm on December 08, 2011, 05:55:45 AM
Scott you an I would get along just great traveling together...course we'd gain a few pounds though.  :D

Maybe just a few pounds... bet the trip would be fun though!
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

isawlogs

Scott , that there sounds real appetizing. I could go with that easily.  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Raider Bill

Quote from: Norm on December 08, 2011, 05:55:45 AM

You 2 would need a convoy of semi's and flat beds following you to handle all the cool toys you buy...... ;D

Chris Burchfield

Wife's 52nd birthday was yesterday.  Up and off to work was the day.  Came home and I took her to Tunica to play some slots.  Expensive crab legs.  I got up this morning and fixed her an omelette with sauteed onion's and bell pepper with sharp cheddar cheese in it.  I sliced and diced a fresh tomato, cooked it down a little and added mayonnaise creating a sauce with salt and pepper to go on the top.  Skillet toast an bacon with strawberry jam on the side.  Fire going in the fire place as we watched Celtic Woman on PBS.  Life's good.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Norm

I fooled Patty with my latest purchase by getting around the no new toys that have to be delivered on a low boy. It fit just fine on my 35' beavertail.  ;D

Chris that sounds very tasty and imaginative of you. Way to go. :)

WildDog

Your a good man Chris, I hope my wife doesn't readyour post :(

You guys are making me hungry, especially Scotts breakfast.  Its Sunday 06:30am, we have visitors that are late sleepers and and I am waiting fo them to stirso I can get breakfast happening.

Something I have been meening to ask, "What are these breakfast biscuits you talk about?

Rob

Norm

Patty

I remember my grampa's pancakes as the best breakfast ever. We would pile 6 or 7 on our plate (they were small), slather them with melted butter, and cover them with hot maple syrup. Brings back a lot of good memories.  :)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

WildDog

Thanks Norm, I see there is no sugar in the recipe, it looks similar to our scones. Will make some next time we have gravy :)

Still sitting here waiting for the visitors to get up  :(

DoubleD

Yesterday i had pancakes with maple syrup as dessert after dinner, does it count as my favourite breakfast?  ??? ??? ;D ;D digin_2 8) I am sure I will have some more pancakes for breakfast they are so yummy and tasty  ;D . I would like to know how do you grease the pan, I used some butter but it made a little mess  :P

Davide ;D
Wannabe a sawmiller

Raider Bill

Quote from: DoubleD on December 23, 2011, 07:54:50 AM
Yesterday i had pancakes with maple syrup as dessert after dinner, does it count as my favourite breakfast?  ??? ??? ;D ;D digin_2 8) I am sure I will have some more pancakes for breakfast they are so yummy and tasty  ;D . I would like to know how do you grease the pan, I used some butter but it made a little mess  :P

Davide ;D

I fry my pancakes in the left over bacon grease I would have just cooked to eat with them ;D

sandhills

X 2, might be sausage grease though.  Cook the eggs over easy in the same  digin1

Chuck White

My favorite breakfast would be an omlet with cheese, onions & ham and Peppered gravy over home made biscuits, with some home fries!

And coffee.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Buck

Sure do like your style Norm, I settle for a piece of wheat toast and a couple of fresh eggs scrambled. Gotta have my Community coffee.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

SwampDonkey

Lean sausage, buckwheat pancake with blueberries tossed in the batter topped with low sugar jam, yogurt parfait with crushed pecans on top. Lots of coffee.

Can't wait 'til breakfast.  8)

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sandhills

That's just not fair SD, it's still 9:22 pm here.

mandolin

OK, boys. Here we go. 2 fried eggs over light, 2 cat head biscuits, bacon, grits and coffee. I like my coffee black as the devil, sweet as an angel and hot as hell. I'm from the south you know.
2008 Hudson 228
1945 Boice-Crane Planer
1953 Ford Jubilee Tractor
Husqvarna 455 Rancher
Dehumidification kiln
Complete cabinet/furniture shop
Professional turkey boxcall tuner

Thank You Sponsors!