iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Veteran's Day

Started by JV, November 11, 2011, 05:24:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JV

From one old vet to all, I salute you.  I was home alone last night watching a show about Vietnam and thought about a good friend killed there.  Drank a toast to him and before them mood got too depressing, I called an old Army buddy from my 'Nam days.  He has caller ID on his TV and said when he saw my name come up he ran to the phone.  We haven't talked in a long time and had a long chat.  He turned 70 this year and I turned 65, so I think I'd better make this call more often.  You watched each others back and sometimes friends became closer than family.  Couldn't sleep, so I got up and wrote this little ramble.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

thecfarm

I've been thinking of Veteran's day all week. I am glad to have a day for our fighting men and women.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Roxie

Thank you to our 24.9 million Veterans!  

Freedom isn't free, and may God Bless you for your service.  
Say when

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawman

THANK YOU to all of our veterans.

smiley_applause smiley_applause smiley_applause smiley_applause smiley_applause smiley_applause smiley_applause smiley_applause smiley_applause smiley_applause
'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

Chris Burchfield

Thank you to all who have and are serving at home and abroad.  Thank you for keeping my family and friends safe so that we may enjoy the freedoms of this great nation.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Norm

Thank you to all who are serving and to those who have served. I'd also like to thank their families for their support too.

Texas Ranger

Just from one, y'all are welcome, and I would do it again.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

pineywoods

Quote from: Texas Ranger on November 11, 2011, 09:56:37 AM
Just from one, y'all are welcome, and I would do it again.
Same here TR.  JV, you said it all. Got out 53 years ago, still keep in touch with some of the guys I served with. They ARE family. I sometimes wonder just how many vets are on here...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Bill Gaiche

Thanks to all the Military for protecting us and those familys that have given there sons and daughters up for our freedom. bg

wwsjr

You are welcome from another one. Thanks for your support during my 34 yrs in the Natl Guard and active Army. No regrets with the decision I made to serve and I would do it again.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

zopi

Have been on a Patton kick...We should not mourn those who have died, but thank God that they lived!
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Bandmill Bandit

[img]

Lets make sure not only to celebrate the life of those that lived to fight the battles for freedom and pass the on the torch but also those that yet live to carry the torch ever onward and upward.

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
     Between the crosses, row on row,
  That mark our place; and in the sky
  The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
  Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
  The torch; be yours to hold it high.
  If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

John McRae

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcdJVAUyvzc

Please watch the You tube video!

NEVER AGAIN
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

JV

Veteran's day reminds most people of older vets, but let's not forget the young people serving today.  The protective gear today has allowed many to survive horrific wounds that would have certainly killed soldiers of the past.  These kids are inspirational, double amputees running on special prosthetic legs and more.  Before I retired from the Air Force as a civilian, I had the priviledge to work with many bright, dedicated young people.  Be assured we are in good hands.   ;)
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

sawguy21

I served as a reservist, my dad was in the Air Force during WWII, and his father was in France with the army in 1917. Remembrance day is very important to me, I will be observing two minutes of silence.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

reride82

Quote from: JV on November 11, 2011, 11:53:10 AM
Veteran's day reminds most people of older vets, but let's not forget the young people serving today.  The protective gear today has allowed many to survive horrific wounds that would have certainly killed soldiers of the past.  These kids are inspirational, double amputees running on special prosthetic legs and more.  Before I retired from the Air Force as a civilian, I had the priviledge to work with many bright, dedicated young people.  Be assured we are in good hands.   ;)

I am thankful for all the past veterans that have served our country and for my younger brother that is now serving in the Navy. I am so proud to call him my brother. We are in good hands.
'Do it once, do it right'

'First we shape our buildings, then our buildings shape us'
Living life on the Continental Divide in Montana

paul case

I began celebrating this vetrans day by taking my favorite vet out to breakfast. That would be my dad.
I too am greatful for the freedoms we enjoy and I want to give a big THANK YOU to all our vetrans .
PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

mrcaptainbob

Thank you, fellow Veterans, and...you're welcome. I,too, would do it again....

fishpharmer

Thank You Veterans!!!
I cannot thank you enough.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Autocar

Iam also a vet and love this country and thank all other veterans for our freedom also.
Bill

clww

This was my final Veterans Day on active duty. :(
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Magicman

50 years ago on Veteran's Day, 5 of us got a pass and drove from Ft. Jackson, SC to Washington DC and watched President Kennedy lay the wreath on the Unknown Tomb.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

clww

That's really cool, Lynn.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Magicman

1961 was a long time ago.  There have been many bridges crossed and many lessons learned.  Just the process of building memories.

JFK was the only President that I have ever seen in person.

Radar67

Lynn, I didn't realize you were a veteran. I'm glad I got to spend the day with you sawing lumber.

Thanks to all who are veterans. It is a different world when you are, and one I would not think twice of doing over again.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Thank You Sponsors!