iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bell super t manuals

Started by Bones Mack, November 09, 2011, 11:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bones Mack

Does anyone know where to find any tech info on bell super T. Having trouble with the dangle head. Thanks

oldseabee

There was no good manuals out on the Super T. I have some tech info and parts book. What is the problem?

Bones Mack

I was wanting to check to pressure to the saw. When am cutting it wants to stall about 3/4 of the way. I have a new chain and bar. When I got the bell about a year ago it didn't do it. Thanks. Also I am new to this site. So I am learning how to reply and post. So thanks fur replying.

amberwood

just check the rakers on the chain. On some saws if the rakers are just a bit too high the bar will stop cutting about half way through the log. Drove me mad for a while. On the powered saw you can be a little more aggressive on the rakers and it wil just make bigger chips. Of course the rakers might be way too low and overloading the saw cylinder?

DTR
MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

Bones Mack

K will try that, thanks. Also what is the a good bar and chain to run. Do you have any favorite bands?

Bobus2003

GB and Oregon bars have done well on my Dangle head processor.. GB are cheaper

Bones Mack

Ok thanks,Bobus 2003. I will try the GB. I haven't ran one of those yet.

amberwood

you have probably checked but make sure there isnt a chunk of bark or wood tucked away in the sawbox jamming the saw on the outward stroke.

DTR
MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

snowstorm

dont know if yours is anything like my keto in the way it is set up. my saw needs 70 gpm at 3200psi to work rite. had trouble with it when i first got it. it combines 2 pumps to get the flow it needs. turned out to be a missing o ring. has rexroth valves an they use shuttle valve the orings break then it dosent move the spool enought. the saw cyl pressure is set at 900psi or less that controls the speed the bar comes out if too fast it could stall. dose thebell use open center gear pumps? if so 3200psi is about all ya can get at that its a 50hp chain saw. dose it run 404 chain? a new chain is more aggresive than one that has been ground a few times. also there is 2 different depth guadges on sthil chain. cutting hw? or soft?

kiko

The nitrogen tank for bar return could be overcharged. Are you pulling both saw levers at the same time?

Side loader

I have a bell super t Manuel and have had mine for a few months. I have the shear head on it now for thinning applications. I haven't even hooked up the dangle head that came with it.  Every now and then the hydraulics kinda freeze up and then go back to working.  One of my "saw hands" says it's trash in the valve bank. Make sense to me. When it gets too wet to work in a couple of weeks, we will probably tear into it. Just a thought. Anyway it could be something as simple as that.  Keep your hydraulic oil as clean as possible. I'll dig around in the Manuel and see if I can find anything of interest.
Side loader log truck w/492 Detroit, bell super T feller buncher, Barko 160 with JD power, Kubota M4900 with brush raker grapple on front and shop built bunching grapple on back. JD 350B Dozer; JD 548D skidder;  and a couple of saws.

oldseabee

If the packing in the saw feed cylinder is leaking, the oil will leak into the CO2 tank and raise the pressure or in worse case actally fill the tank with oil which will limit the stroke of the saw cylinder so it will just stop partway out.
Check for a bent rod on the saw feed cylinder or a twisted saw bar. If the chain is not sharpened evenly it will tend to cut in an arc and bind the bar up.

Thank You Sponsors!