iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

21 Days & Counting

Started by porcupine, November 09, 2011, 08:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

porcupine

Look out all you Forestry Forum Sawyers I'm coming back to the U.S. on December 1st. and will be sawing up lumber like a mad man! I may change my id from Porcupine to the Lumber King!  :D

It's been 3 years and an unknown number of miles that I have flown for a Chinese airline behind the wire here in mainland China. I took a leave of absence from my carrier in the U.S. and now it's time for me to end the adventure and return to my family, friends and employer. Could have stayed for another 3 years but this has been one long "RON" (remain over night) and all good things must come to an end.  :D

I purchased an LT50 back in February and have run it for only 25 hours while home on "vacation" so as you can imagine I'm very itchy to "get it on" (can you tell I'm excited about getting back?)

Of course while anyone is away from home they have to put all their normal activities on hold and that is what I had to do. I miss doing the things I love.

I'm on the road quite a bit even when flying for in the States and when not I'm flying out of large, busy cities I'm at home in the country away from crowds and people. I hate traveling on my days off, I stay home and work. That is my outlet and therapy.

While I'm away my wonderful wife maintains the "ranch" on her own. She has endured and accomplished trials/crisis's and projects that many men cannot or will not attempt. I couldn't have accomplished the things I've done without her. Great woman.

How to Survive 10,000 miles from home?
Start the day with a cup of coffee and The Forestry Forum. This has been my daily fix every morning in Chinatown and that will not change when I'm back in the U.S. All of us ex-pats here are saturated/surrounded with Asian culture, crowds of people, language, food, music, traffic, pollution, so we have to find a way to "escape". The internet allows that. Great invention, thank you Al Gore.

God Save the Republic...........see you all in the USA in 3 weeks!

Photo below is my first day with the mill last Feb.
More pics in the near future.

Kubota M5040  2007
Kubota U35 Mini-Ex  2016
Brute Force 18-24 Firewood Processor 2022
Brute Force Grapple
Super Split HD
Logrite Cant Hook, Pickaroon
Stihl MS250, MS461, MSE 220
Lamar 16' Dump Trailer
Load Trail 20' Tilt Trailer

Magicman

Welcome home....almost.   :)  Nothing like sawdust and coffee.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Piston

Nice setup you have to look forward to!  You deserve a little sawdust time after all those days away.

Welcome back to the states  8)
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

sealark37

I retired from the airline business five years ago.  Like you, I prefer the rural scene and activities.  I have worked since leaving the airline, but helicopter flying cannot be compared to long-haul flying (home every night!).  I have a 00 Frick with an International UD-14 power unit that I am in the process of rebuilding and up-grading.  Take it from me, as soon as your personal financial situation allows, ditch the airline and be a full-time country boy.  You will then be appalled at the time you wasted hanging around an airport or a hotel far from home.  It will take some time, maybe a few years, to adjust to the freedom from scheduling, but life is so much sweeter.  Just my experience.  Regards, Clark

terrifictimbersllc

That mill is waaaay too orange! 8)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

zopi

Bring me some crispy duck....
Welcome home!
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

TimGA

Can not imagine being away from home, projects,loved ones for that long. I bet you feel like your 12 years old with the toy you wanted most for christmas. HAVE A BLAST !!!
TK2000, Kubota L3130GST, grapple, pallet forks, 2640 Massey w/loader (The Beast) Husky saws Logrites One man operation some portable most stationary.

Jasperfield

What kind of airplane do you have for fun?

Slingshot

Here is my fun airplane; I can land it behind my house on an 800 ft strip.

tyb525

LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

thecfarm

I'll be waiting for you. ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!